2012 KENWORTH

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 1957evinrude, Nov 4, 2018.

1. 1957evinrude

1957evinrude Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2018
    2012 t 800 What is the purpose of that switch in the battery compartment ?? Is it prone to failure?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    It is to turn off the batteries so to work on the truck. It makes it easier to protect the computer systems on the truck.

Quick story, when I was doing the temp driver thing, I had a customer who gave me all kinds of crap, so my boss said the customer is being fired, when the owner found out that he was being fired, he took it out on me. I parked the truck as instructed and I stuck my hand behind the seat to get behind the console where the master switch was, I was getting my pen that fell and I 'accidentally' switched the truck power off .... opps. I then went home and next day went to the next customer who was supplied by these clowns, the dock manager told me that the suppliers truck is being towed to the shop because it has serious electrical problems. I had to go there and make the pickup of the sheet metal for the new customers production, I got there as heard all about the costly tow bill. A couple weeks later they still didn't have the truck running, the mechanic had replaced everything but never turned on the switch and until someone discovered the switch, they worked on it and worked on it for hours.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  4. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    That’s as bad as what i did one day. I was bored & milking the clock. I swapped the red & yellow knobs. Well we dropped the trailers and parked bob tail. I’ll be ###### if some knuckle head didn’t climb on in to use my truck and couldn’t get it moving. He wlaked into the office and had them call road service. Lmao, the tech pushed my red knob in and said you’re good to go. Here’s your bill. Hahahahaha

Yeah i heard about that when i came in that night, arguing the level of stupidity that they couldn’t figure it out & had to call road service got me off the hook.

That night will live forever

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Bad driver. Bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.