2014 peterbilt isx fuel rail pressure warning

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by BIG DAWG 1, Sep 20, 2019.

1. BIG DAWG 1

BIG DAWG 1 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2012
    carson heights
    Hello new to the forum
    I got a 14 pete with isx hask 286k
    Engine took a poop due to fuel pump failure had inframe done rebuilt fuel pump replaced 6 injectors with rebuilt ones been out the shop 3 weeks fuel rail pressure warning came on i took it back to shop and mechanic changed out 2 injectors 2 days later same warning came back on he changed out 4 injectors and now 3 days later light is back on is there anything else that can be causing this?
    Im located in los Angeles area ca. Thx for any info

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jsnell

jsnell Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    I am not an expert, my understanding is that if the fuel pump pistons shatter and take out the motor it can't be rebuilt because the metal fragments can't be fully removed from the fuel system. I would call Cummins customer service and ask them.

4. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    If its a 559 code it could be a leaking fuel rail pressure relief valve or a faulty pump head and or pump cam/followers.
    Is the mechanic actually following the 559 troubleshooting steps? What is the actual code?

spsauerland Thanks this.
  5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Take it to Cummins. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the injectors.

I have a 2014 with Cummins that was running very poorly all of a sudden and it was the fuel rail. I’ll have to see what they replaced but it definitely wasn’t injectors.

6. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Injectors can absolutely cause low fuel pressure. Being they have all been replaced, probably not the case anymore in this instance

spsauerland Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.