2016 Freightliner Cascadia DD15 Issue

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Riccardi71, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Riccardi71

Riccardi71 Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2024
    Hey guys new on here hopefully after I explain my issue someone has already delt with it and found a fix.
    So got this truck about 4 months ago had 570,000 roughly old owner had done bunch of work to it and lots of maintenance. Any way while driving say 65-70 mph at around 1500 rpm when you dip into the throttle sometimes not all times the the truck seams to get choked and you can see the hood suck down make a gurgling noise from the motor getting choked then and watching the turbo PSI on dash it drops to 0 the quickly comes back up. Checked Diag through dash controls had codes SPN-3464, SPN-2630 and on screen comes up says air intake restriction 25% derate .I replaced the Intake pressure sensor ,air intake temp sensor, air filter and throttle body when doing all od this checked all the connecters for corrosion found all good. I tried removing the seal around the air filter housing to hood to see if it would still do in case the something was in the air inlet duct work causing it to restrict and suck down hood. Drove about 10 miles still does same thing but hood doesn't suck down since it getting some extra air not allowing it to suck against hood. Checked for any leaks around the Vpod didn't hear or see anything. any help would be appreciated. Of coarse when I bring to Freightliner I cant get it to do it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.