2016 international prostar isx15 450???!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by rulonwaholla, Mar 22, 2019.

1. rulonwaholla

rulonwaholla Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Looking for some information. Im looking to purchase a 2016 international prostar midroof with a ISX15 450, 417k miles 14k hours on the engine. Anyone have updates on this year of ISX15 in a international?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    I wouldn't take it. Too much idling time.

How to tell? Divide the miles by the engine hours. It's just under 30mph. An acceptable number should be close to 50mph.

Except the truck ran a lots of off roads at low speed.

rulonwaholla Thanks this.
  4. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Can you get an ECM report on it? might help with a decision. If I remember the Idle time should show separately on it. As far as the ISX goes I have a 2015 and it been good so far. Had 450k when I bought it now got 575k. Thy are a dirty engine and produce a lot of soot, I took mine to Pittsburgh Power and had the foam cleaning done and a soot collector put on it. Also got an OPS oil bypass put on to keep thing as clean as I could.

5. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    The emissions controls on those engines are choking the life out of them, and the International brand isn't what it once was, plastic and skimping on metals(particularly the wiring) makes for increased problems.On the other hand the ride isn't too bad. As I always suggest, analyze the oil and take a mechanic with you. Downloading the ECM, is excellent advice and should tell you a lot.Good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.