2016 lonestar x15. To n14 Blown motor replacment

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by fuel concierge, Dec 19, 2020.

1. fuel concierge

fuel concierge Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2020
    By the way I Dont mind being 60k into rebuilt truck with creature comforts for my drivers. I spoil my guys. And I personally love lone star body. Btw I bought a second one standard sleeper. Recently. Also. My insanity
    Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fuel concierge

Dec 18, 2020
    Maybe. Rebuilt isx is my only $$ feasible. Option. That's why I wanted some #$ from some one with experience with engine swaps to pre eld to give me a rough estimate.

I can always go cheap buy used motor. But now peace of mind.

Like saying goes pay now or pay later. Bit u pay. Sitting on side of road dont make my drivers money

Or keep them happy

4. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    International is not very popular truck for swaps...i think it will cost you arm and leg , like cascadia is not popular with cat , my cascadia build is more expensive that kw with cat just because kit cost much more , i am hoping it will repay over long run

fuel concierge Thanks this.
  5. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    Wow, I don't know anyone in the area that I would send you to for that. If it was an N14, for an N-14, or an N14 that needed fixin, I'd probably give it a whirl. But the newer Cummins is out of my realm, along with the electronics, esp. a conversion wiring harness, would give an old fart like me nightmares.
    Good luck with your project, decent looking truck to start, esp. inside.

fuel concierge and 062 Thank this.
  6. fuel concierge

Dec 18, 2020

7. fuel concierge

Dec 18, 2020
    thanks doug ive been scolded into wisdom and have decided to buy a donor salvage truck at auction and build it back original avoid excess labor and cost i thought it would be my perfect opportunity to build a MODERN frankenstein but time & $$ investment wont be feasible or quick so im hunting for donor truck pulling motor changing front & rear main seals change bearings just cause im there already and pray for best i should have plenty parts left over from existing incomplete engine

DougA Thanks this.
  8. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Rip everything out put something full mechanical in it.

9. fuel concierge

Dec 18, 2020
    I wish. Finding someone that would be feasible$$$ has turned impossible

10. little cat 500

little cat 500 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Abbottstown PA
    put the ISX in a dumpster drop a 12.7 in only a few wire need to be moved around

11. fuel concierge

Dec 18, 2020
    good evening and merry xmas how sure are u on motor being cm2350 valvecover with engine s/n missing and im trying to buy donor truck im ASSUMING i have to 2014 donor truck thanks in advance

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.