2016 Peterbilt Mixer Truck

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Labrador, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Labrador

Labrador Medium Load Member

May 31, 2018
    This is the oldest truck at that plant, I am the new guy and just starting driving this one. Everyone that has driven this old truck when thier truck was broken say that they love it. I have to agree it is a great truck. Sadly yeah it looks like the oil has not been checked in awhile if it is this low but I will find out more tomorrow, I will try to get it back to the full mark over a few days if needed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    You don't need a few days to get it to the full mark. 10 minutes is what you need!

MartinFromBC, Labrador and AModelCat Thank this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Yep. Go get a few 1 gallon jugs, keep the partial one in a side box and give the boss back whatever is not needed.

MartinFromBC and Labrador Thank this.
  5. JimJones

JimJones Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2022
    Put a quart of Lucas in there and you won't have to worry about it having any oil.

6. Labrador

Labrador Medium Load Member

May 31, 2018
    Had a pretty f******* terrible day. I drove 41 minutes to deliver 10 yards of concrete (about 35,000 lbs). It was supposed to be a 7" slump, I started out with maybe 8 but it dried to a 4 by the time I got there. Had to drive 41 minutes back and dump 35,000 lbs of concrete on the ground. The day was very hot and I might have had the drum turning too fast.

7. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    To begin with a 2016 is not an old truck.
    And the day doesn't begin until a full pre trip is completed, including belts, fluids, lights, cleaning windows and mirrors, checking tires, brakes, and looking over the whole truck. Probably needs to be greased as well, and hit those tires with a gauge, not just a kick.

Labrador Thanks this.
  8. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    When I had my training tractor, every morning I made the STUDENTS check the oil and other fluids, etc. while the hood was up.

Then chuckle as they looked for the fuel gauge as I handed them the length of broomstick and a rag.

MartinFromBC and Labrador Thank this.
  9. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    OP where did you get your license from by the way?

Didn't they teach you these most very basic things?

That should be taught from day 1, and repeated daily there after.

lester Thanks this.
  10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    A lot of companies, usually the ones with a high turnover rate, don't want their drivers under the hood. That in itself says a lot about the quality of drivers we're getting these days.
    I agree with you, it should be taught. Just don't count on a rookie knowing that he has to do it.

MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Alberta won't let students open the hood on a truck during the test. Apparently some clown wrecked his back trying to open the hood and sued.

Just a race to the bottom.

lester, REO6205, Dennixx and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.