2018 cascadia coax and power wire routeing

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by craig_sez, Jul 17, 2018.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Most likely there will be.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Yeah i expect some..I called them to discuss it and there were some revisions to fix that but im guessing it was car stereo buzz vs the sensitivity of a good recieveing radio...
    My buddy has a cheap set in his trk and i rode along side in the passing lane and got nothin so my fingers are crossed seeing these are supposed to be high quality.

4. Arel3

Arel3 Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2018
    I found the same things by removing the plastics in the center where stock cb wires are and *think* I can get the coax down the drivers side pillar behind the plastics but I don't see a way out the firewall. On the 2016 cascadia I previously had it was super easy, there was a grommet and hole already there. Such a thing doesn't exist on the 2018 I have now. There are no accessible holes or grommets that I found on the firewall. How did you get the coax outside from the drivers side pillar?

5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Guess i forgot to log in before i typed out my posting....
    Go find me under same name in youtube..I did a vid that explains what i did..Only prob is that i had trk partly buttoned up before i decided to make the vid..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  6. Arel3

Arel3 Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2018
    I found your YouTube channel before but cannot find it now. Youtube searching your username even including 2018 cascadia does not have any results of videos on your channel for me. I have seen a video before of your temporary setup using pipe insulation.

I'd like to see the one that includes showing how you went from the drivers side pillar through the firewall to get it outside. As I said the 2018 I have doesn't have any holes in the firewall so I'm assuming yours is different somehow or I'm blind and don't see the hole you used.

A link would be appreciated to save not just me but everyone else who might be looking for this info from all the garbage results that don't have the answer.

An explanation of how and where you went from pillar to firewall to outside is even more direct and appreciated than a link.

After all this thread was the first google result. If your link was here it might help your channel get more hits.

7. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
  8. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Not worried if my ch gets hits or not..Not in it for anything other then help others some..
    I noticed myself i couldnt find it via a search..No idea why..

9. Arel3

Arel3 Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Lmfao! I found it as you posted. So the grommet I'm looking for is behind that body pannel. Extreme thanks to you, Sir!

I'm going through the center top cabinets and then down the pillar instead of across the dash. I have my radio on an <--angle-- so I can see the display (cobra 29 LX). For my preferences I'm leaving it there at least for now unless there's too much interference noise from something, which I'll share and report.

Thanks again! Very much!

10. Arel3

Arel3 Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2018
    As you can help with this stuff I can help with that stuff. The results are like that for anything someone searches for anymore because...frankly too many dipschitts (bloggers especially) have posted so much garbage online over the years the "information highway" has turned in to a landfill.
    Webcrawlers can only do so much and there haven't been, and may not be, algorithms included in them to weed out crap that's just some BS'r (blogger) yacking about subjects they know nothing about but post anyway because they can ninja the keyboard for 9 miles of bull ###### (false info because they're clueless dorks) that causes the webcrawlers and their income from ads to keep coming.

Therefore that garbage has priority on search results.

"Game on"

Haha

11. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    I used the door run wiring on both sides to install a co-phase. Fishtape or shirt hanger. Latest Cascadia.

E8C366B0-E08D-4089-B2F0-CF670ABCBFB0.jpeg

7’ Skipshooter on Hustler QD. PRO-COMM New Model Cascadia Mount.

Did a take-off of mirror with Robert at Clays Radio Shop. He now has SS mounts far more sturdy.

721A6D25-E40E-4752-9EB8-45E76B1505A0.jpeg

Medium or Heavy Duty. Complete kit. Needs appropriate stud.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.