2019 Pete 567 Concert Class Radio no stations

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by CPifer, Feb 28, 2024.

1. CPifer

CPifer Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2022
    Hi guys,
    2019 Pete 567 with a concert class radio. The FM Radio turns on, but barely gets 1 station. I've replaced the CB antenna and the radio antenna located on the roof with OEM replacements. I took the unit out and installed it in another truck and got all the stations. This tells me that the head unit works fine. I have my local Pete dealer looking into a wire schematic for me but they don't sound optimistic.

There is a PMG located in the headliner. Not sure if that's somehow related.
    Any thoughts on a direction to diagnose and fix the issue?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Did the radio from truck #2 work in your truck? Sounds maybe a coax issue.

4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I don't know what a PMG is, but if your truck has a diplexer then the diplexer may be bad.

5. CPifer

CPifer Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2022
    The radio from truck #2 did NOT work in truck #1.

6. CPifer

CPifer Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2022
    Peoplenet Mobile Gateway. It's a black box up in the headliner.

What's a diplexer and where would that be located?

7. RockinChair

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    A diplexer is a box that splits the signal coming from a common antenna and sends the appropriate frequencies to the CB and the AM-FM radio. Would most likely be in the headliner or in the dash.

8. CPifer

CPifer Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2022
    So it would have the CB and Radio antenna plugged into it correct. I believe that is what the Peaplenet Mobile Gateway box is, there's also a Wifi antenna on that box (not used). It has something to do with E-Logs but it's on a dump truck so we don't use E-logs.

9. RockinChair

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    There would be three plugs on it, one for the antenna, one for the CB, and one for the AM/FM radio.

10. CPifer

CPifer Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2022
    Thank you for your time on this. I will take a look and report back.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  11. CPifer

CPifer Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2022
    Here's what I found. This truck, 2019 Peterbilt 567 does not have a diplexer. The CB and Stereo have separate antennas with antenna cables running directly to them. I tested the FM/AM radio antenna cable for continuity and found it was an open circuit. There is a connection for the FM/AM Radio antenna behind the left kick panel. Pull the fuse box cover (below the data port and behind the clutch pedal), and remove the panel to the left (against the door jam) and you will find the connection. You'll have to remove the grab bar to gain access to one screw. The connection came unplugged. I recommend wrapping it in electrical tape as the connection twist lock isn't very tight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.