2020 T680 - radio locks up and delay in cruise/light switches.

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by F4T6UY, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Leviathan Tube

Leviathan Tube Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Georgia
    What do you all do when a dealer says, "It acted fine when we tested it so we didn't do anything."

I have had this happen more than once even when the internet is full of people reporting the same intermittent problem.

Is there a service bulletin I can point them to?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
  4. Leviathan Tube

Leviathan Tube Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Georgia
    Notice how it says to fix "if the customer demonstrates the condition above." That's BS when the problem is intermittent. I guess the next time mine locks up I'll have to leave it that way for 1000 miles or more until I can get to a dealer.

5. 71novaguy

71novaguy Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2021
    Do have another link? That link isnt showing anything, and when I search their website, I cant find it. Im glad more people are having the issue. I talked to the dealer about this 4 days ago, told them its the second time its done it and took a video. Sent them the video, explained to them it wont happen for awhile. They told me to bring it in. Said they couldn't duplicate, then tried to tell me replacing the fuse may fix it. Morons!

6. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Palmer had to reprogram the head unit , there WAS a service bulletin issued.

7. GtahvFaith

GtahvFaith Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Thank you for writing your fixes here, the nav screen in my Kenworth T660 went blank along with my radio (which refused to work). I pulled the fuse and it was still good so, I thought it just needed to re-seat. I okit that fuse back in place, turned the key and the screen came up, radio worked! Thanks for the fix!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.