2023 CB Suggestions

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by VahlokKaal, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I have a few on order to test out for drivers who asked for new radios. I am not really sure what they did but I'm guessing it is an add on or it is the same board they use for the European models and the added components are now there for FM. We will see.

Coffey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. weasel

weasel Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Who's talking on fm. I haven't heard
    not one yet!

Coffey Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I haven't either, I have my mobile receiver looking for FM signals and haven't found one yet.

weasel Thanks this.
  5. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I hadn't thought of using the existing European boards. That would probably be the most cost effective and logical way for cobra to go.

6. HogazWild

HogazWild Light Load Member

May 18, 2022
    Cobra 29 with the 80W finals kit, aligned with rk56 mic and mic gain set to 2/5 and 5/8 tune antenna that does 1.4:1 SWR or less on 19. No 1/4 or 1/2 antenna

Anything low SWR with no over or under modulation is gonna be better than most of what is in mobile.... USB/LSB/FM isn't gonna help you on 19.. In a fallout AM will be the one that gets a response first..

Also, don't use a 600 ohm mic on a 1000ohm mic radio; a lot of people do this and it's hilarious... A lot of them spent $1,200 on their setup and you won't hear them or only hear screeching("splatter box")

2W dead key <=18W PEP if running an amp.. Most trucks have 10A fuse on factory cb power

Stryker 955 V2 is only considered the best because of its clean factory modulation. Bells and Fine Tune only get 70W PEP out of them without bad modulation. They have a lot of firmware and digital features you'll never use. Galaxy has better look and can get the same performance with finals kit and tuning.

The Astatic power meters in truck stops are RMS not peak

Rg-8X coax only

I get 0.3:1 on 19 using a Firestick II and grounded mount... All my power gets out regardless of radio installed. Confirmed with NIST certified spectrum analyzer

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.