2024 Swift Load Board

Discussion in 'Swift' started by unloader, Feb 18, 2024.

1. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Got a wild hair up my ### and have been searching around for companies with load boards with a lot of freight to keep me home close to TX. Swift surprisingly has shown up. From what I have gathered it's only L/P and O/Os that have access to it. When you search for 23-24 year info a whole bunch of nothing shows up. Here or otherwise. So give it to me straight.

1. Do you guys actually get to pick from a load board these days, or is the ad just a bunch of BS and you are still dispatched by a DM?

2. If you do get to pick your loads, what are the typical rates if you wanted to run TX to TX only loads.

unloader

Concorde Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Called recruiting today. No load board, maybe up and running by late Spring.

Well I guess that answer's that lol.

unloader

Concorde Thanks this.
  4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I wouldn't hold my breath ... they've been promising a load board for almost 3 years.

Frankly I don't believe Knight has any intention of ever delivering a load board. As it is right now Swift is dumping a lot of freight out on the power only spot market.

Swift had pretty good O/O program with access to a broker, where you could negotiate your own rates. Knight killed it they day they took over ... it was the major driving factor why I left Swift.

unloader Thanks this.
  5. Wildoutlaw360

Wildoutlaw360 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2023
    Miami fl
    Load board is now active on swift. O/O only access. I’m company so I don’t have access just letting you know it is up

throttle325 and lual Thank this.
  6. throttle325

throttle325 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2019
    It went active April 3rd. Now o/o getting all of the freight. What is left over is going to shuttle. Other company drivers are sitting for days.

7. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    I remember those days at swift , sitting for days. Then when your about to go to bed at about 10:30 pm you get a load and it’s a hot load so drive all night and all next morning and it really screws up your body clock. Ah those days at swift.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Yup. You've had 10 hours off and should be ready to work. What's the problem?

I put an end to that very early in my career with Swift.
    I simply refused to do it, as it was unsafe to be driving all night after being up all day waiting for a load.
    The trick is to know how to say no, and stick with it. They can not force you to drive.

One of the reasons I have stayed with Swift as long as I have is because I have so much control over the loads I run.
    Control that, by the way, Swift grants us with the wonderful mac 9.
    1. Accept the load. 2. Refuse the load (with a stated and valid reason). 3. Counter the times on the load, and hope for the outcome you desire.
    Every option gives me some degree of control.

9. Atlanta trucker

Jan 25, 2017
    I’m glad your in control of your life. To many newbies don’t know you can turn down loads just because I’m turning down this load. More power to you. I worked for Swift twice. I’m with a great company now. All is well life is good. Load offers happen Monday through Friday 8 - 5 and If there is ever A live it’s also sometime between M-F 8 to 5.

10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Too many newbies don't know because their mentor never told them, and/or their DM is pushing them, and/or they are too dim to figure it out.

I consider Swift a great company, mainly because of the people I have worked with.
    My DM's have always watched my back and supported me all the way. I guess I have a charmed life.

11. Atlanta trucker

Jan 25, 2017
    Congratulations more power to you. Keep on trucking.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.