21 shot in Chicago in 14 hours

Discussion in 'Other News' started by lilillill, Jul 15, 2018.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    This guy has the solution to putting a stop to shootings like this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Wow. You guys are really jaded. Personally, I’m going to shed 1 tear for each of those shootings.

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    You're making an awful lot of assumptions, there. First off, playing devil's advocate and providing possible reasoning behind WHY an individual may have acted a certain way is NOT saying that I would do the same thing. The only thing I said was that I understand why he might've done what he did.

In Illinois, residents have ALWAYS been allowed to carry, long before permits (and even today without any permits), on your property or at your fixed place of business. So what if he was on the street outside of his business having a smoke? Illinois law prohibits smoking in any business, so he HAS to step outside and away from the door before lighting up or he'd be in violation of that law. Would you agree that his firearm would be more secure (and less likely to fall into the wrong hands) in a proper holster on his hip than it would stashed somewhere in his workplace? He'd be crucified for "not properly securing" his gun if it walked off while he stepped outside...but wearing it outside he runs the risk of being approached by the police and hauled off to jail. NOBODY wants to go to jail.

Don't be a chicken$#!+. You made some ignorant assumptions, and I'm calling you out for them.

5. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    21 shot and only 2 killed is a terrible stat. These guys should take some time out of their busy schedule and spend some at the range instead of mowing down innocent women and children. They would thin the herd much quicker if they were better shots.

intrepidor, lilillill and bzinger Thank this.
  6. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    The worlds full of worthless people smh.

7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Depends on what block you’re on.Literally.

skellr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.