23 year veteran trucker fired!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by cmbyrom, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Greenville, SC
    Right just like when you do a “load check” flatbedding so you can let the dog out to take a dump on the grass. A trucker ain’t no veterinarian. Like I’m supposed to believe his ten minutes of petting zoo time is enough to diagnose swine flu, make a call to the cdc and save the world. Rofl.

Caring for the animals. The guy was just having a gay old time petting the piglets. You weren’t there. I can’t blame him. That’s what you could call a job perk. Don’t play the violin about the animals’ welfare when these clowns tailgate each other going 85 like the other poster mentioned. I’m sure the owner of those animals would really appreciate that. Now when one wrecks the animals from both trailers will be dead, but we still give ourselves a pat on the back for stopping to check on the animals’ health (aka petting zoo time).

The fact of the matter is these clowns endanger the animals, themselves, and everyone they share the road with.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    PE_Trans and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Do you let dogs poop on your floor??

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    As long as it’s not MY floor. :)

Intothesunset and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Characterize it however you wish, but professional livestock haulers stop occasionally to check on livestock while in transit. The ones that don't won't last long in that business.

5. that's going to be a big one with insurances..
    honestly if he wants to keep on driving you're going to have to suck it up be treated like a number might get screwed out of a couple of paychecks but look on Craigslist and find one of those foreign outfits looking for drivers..many of them thrive on Americans with lousy driving records that even a Western Express won't hire

cmbyrom and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Have you ever hauled livestock? I dont see many tailgating each other or doing 85, the ones that are are empty usually and tailgater is looking to pass.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Murdo SD
    A large percentage of livestock haulers come from a ranching background, so yes, we can spot sick animals in transit. I’ve had to get in my trailer before during a trip and get a sick calf into a smaller compartment or even one where they are by themselves. Have a great day!

8. cmbyrom

cmbyrom Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2019
    @Chinatown.....I tried the link but it keeps coming up "Chinatown Marketplace" on Google search engine. HELP!!!

9. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Check out second chances companies such as western express, trans am and carolina cargo.

Good luck.

cmbyrom Thanks this.
  10. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @Chinatown is a member from this forum, he be here shortly with more options.

cmbyrom Thanks this.
  • Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.