23 year veteran trucker fired!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by cmbyrom, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Several Sources.

Warning: Social Security faces a 23% cut

Who's Ready for a 23% Cut to Their Social Security Benefits? -- The Motley Fool

Social Security Funded Until 2034, and About Three-Quarters Funded for the Long Term; Many Options to Address the Long-Term Shortfall | Social Security Matters

Several other sources, but think this is plenty to start you off. When I put in for Disability with the recommendation by the state almost two decades ago, I was taking home roughly high 800's Eventually with COLA (Cost of Living Adustements implemented by all except the Obama Administration (That one we got zip, zero, bupkis etc) I have almost 1200 to work with.

Believe it or not, that isnt enough. But it does not matter. That is what I got and thats where the food storage and the savings come in. I think the transportation to and from, paying copays to a Clinic for intractable and chronic pain. Some months I am running 150 a month just for that doctor. I am abouty 3400 underwater on medical billing taking care of close to 51000 billed this year, 42000 billed last year and we could probably expect a 30K stent put in during another surgery combined with two other relatively minor issue. Bill bill bill bill.

I had a minor emergency today and it was unwelcome.

I am adjusting the living directive so that when the body throws a code they have 20 minutes to fix it. IF it does not revive then palliative sedation. Ive already said my good byes as well as received them.

We picked up a EPI pen for the ex 15 years ago I think it was on the order of 100 per. Now it sits on the pricing of close to 650.00 for non generic.

I am already ahead of the doctor evaluating everything on this body. Next month it will be all about blood sugar and other very important Urine issues that point to fix it now or drop dead. I would be more than pleased to show no issues.

Here is another thought about blind spots around a 18 wheeler. None. Zero, zip. Nitch, Nada.

Usually when stupid people get inside of these spots, they are already dead, whats left is to determine the manner of their demise.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    technically yes, still hireable.....BUT as i stated in my posting, and you just said you lost your job.....for practially the same reason...not only age but sex discrimination.....

you can still get a job, as a receptionist at any office as you still have those skills. i personally go to a doctors office who's staff are not spring chicks.

you could get a job (as an example) in the billing office, file room, etc.

look for the EEOC wording in job ads....these places do not want lawsuits, many prefer "retired" people and generally you'd work less than a 40 hr work week.

your husband's situation however, can be a bit trickier.......again...it's age related.....all "some employers" will see is a "rolling heart attack", no matter the DOT physical.

if this crap DID NOT happen to me, i'd have stayed out of this thread.

Long FLD and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    If you ignore them, how are they annoying?

5. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree

did YOU read the title...here it is again..

Opinion: Warning: Social Security faces a 23% cut

what's that FIRST WORD...??

OPINION.....

then this:

come 2034 or so — just 16 years away — payouts could be slashed by about 23%, unless tough steps are taken to bolster the rickety program.

"could be slashed"...not WILL BE SLASHED.....

look out Heavy...the sky is falling, the sky is falling....

i look at opinions regarding SS like i look at opinons on what's the best truck to buy....

NOTHING BUT OPINIONS......

6. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

It was an exaggeration, which many of us do without realizing it. What would be fair to say is that it’s more common to see a livestock hauler rolling at 80 and at the same time tailgating the hell out of a vehicle than a driver from a mega fleet. I’ve seen it far too many times, and other drivers have also noticed and mentioned it in this site. Yes, company drivers also have their own common behaviors.

I wish the livestock haulers I’ve seen think that way. I hope it’s less than 10% of them.

For the 100th time, I do check my mirrors, just not every 5-15 seconds when I’m on the freeway. When it comes to lane changes, tight curves, and so on, yes, I do look at my mirrors. Who doesn’t? As some of you already know, I’ve written quite a bit on a different thread (and also this thread) as to why I don’t think it’s a good idea.

7. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    im not buying it. theres always more to the story people leave out and especially when the wife posts it instead of the driver.
    Minor accident, cops dont throw careless driving into it unless there is evidence of it or witness

DTP and cmbyrom Thank this.
  8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    It seems to me that a lot of drivers driving governed trucks over estimate the speed many trucks that pass them are running.
    There was a congressman in NM that kept harping on how fast trucks were running I 40 and kept trying to get a separate truck speed limit for trucks because of how dangerous us speeding trucks were. I offered several times to let him or anybody else ride with me with the cruise set from border to border dead on the speed limit and give them 100 dollars for every truck that passed me, if they would give me 10 bucks for every 4 wheeler that passed me. I never had any takers, but have crossed that 370 miles light many times with maybe no trucks passing me and never over 4 or 5 for the whole trip.

9. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i think the husband wanted to spare the wife any worries, but that failed......

she's as worried as a cat in the tree and all the neighborhood dogs are circling....

except for one, someone said "squirrel" and he took off....

FlaSwampRat, skellr and Cam Roberts Thank this.
  10. cmbyrom

cmbyrom Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2019
    I had

11. cmbyrom

cmbyrom Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Wow.....many times my husband has not told me the "whole story." I am just too trusting. Heck, took him many days b4 he HAD to tell me about this, cuz normally he would have called for a dispatch!!!! He told me when it would have been obvious something was up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.