25 Year Old Trucker Found Dead

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Sep 18, 2018.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    this is so true...each and every day, truck stop workers see trucks parked for hours, days on end. sometimes, it is a parked truck while the driver is on home time. sometimes, it is a truck that was abandoned by a quitting driver.

no how, no way will the truck stops take responsibility for searching each and every truck parked.

if the truck was on fire, then sure, they will call the fire dept. (hopefully as the call can be also from THE driver or a driver).

this is also a problem with "loners" who either have no family or is just not one to contact ANYONE back home, on a regular basis.

i have to wonder now, if sometime in the future, CDL drivers (of all CDL class) will have to wear some sort of bracelet that once you show no movement for say about 2 hours, it sets off an alarm, and you can be located.

as it is now, disabled, senior citizens, have devices that if they fall down, they can press a button and help arrives..

i think (but cannot swear to it) that firefighter have a "location beacon" in thier equipment in case they get trapped in a burning or collapsed building.

so for trucker to have such a device too, can be a life saver, or at least, a call for help after at least 1-2 hours.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    Wow! Foul play for sure if she was covered in blood!! Getting over a cold, I've slept 18hrs straight one time. You knock to check on me would've resulted in your death.

4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Dunno, man. Seems like there's a fair amount of "self screwing" going on.
    I hate it for the girl and her family, however,
    #1, despite the image that we are a bunch of low lifes, there's not a girl in any truckstop that's going to be dragged helplessly into her truck.......just wouldn't happen.
    #2, that said and her previous loss of phone and whatnot, leads me to believe she was out for a big time and wound up in a bad place.
    It reminds me of the dude that got shot in the balls and set on fire a couple of years ago in the Detroit area. Everyone was acting like it was just some simple dude that got shot and they wanted to make all kinds of new laws. Well, some of us read the report and came to a different conclusion.

Doesn't matter if you're driving a truck or a Lexis, you dance with the devil, and you get what you get.

Jazz1 Thanks this.
  5. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Sometimes we are in a truckstop parking lot for a couple days when it’s time to reset hours... no way a truckstop could know if something happens:

6. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    I’m female and have been driving for over 15 years: I’ve pretty much been all over this country and Canada and have never felt like I was in danger anywhere.

daniphoenix, xsetra and 06driver Thank this.
  7. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Why wasnt her mother calling the police or truckstop Monday after her daughter never made it home to check and see if the truck was still in the lot? Or the company she works for to get a location of the truck?

Its definitely a sad situation

daniphoenix Thanks this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I’m not sure that driver got shot in the balls because they shot into the side of the sleeper and hit him and then burned him.

9. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    National reciprocity ;)
    Start putting the heads of criminals on pikes at the entrance.kind of lime you do with vultures. Shoot on every now and then, hand their body where it can be seen, and they will stay away.

daniphoenix Thanks this.
  10. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Fear mongering. Not helpful. Not the way to conduct yourself in a challenging environment.

@tucker's line of thought twisted my gut initially as well. But there's a truth in it... every life gets a price tag in a wrongful / negligent death suit... It might not bring the gal back, but we can all think of the person who'd rather have a cool $2 mil than their relatives alive.... And maybe the family will have the greatest few years of their lives.... living out their hedonistic carnal desires because they now have the money to do so..... It's not the State of mind / being I'd wish anyone to adopt. But people are shady & really good at playing victim when money is on the line... Money allows them to fall right into their own vices, few to no barriers..... No real judgment here from me, unto the lady who lost her life or her family. Only a perspective; a devil's advocate. There's more to the story that'll be sorted out down the line. I merely hope it was quick, for her sake.

Blackshack46 and driverdriver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.