2A and delivering to federal facilities?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Bret1984, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    That is a very helpful article.

One tiny fly-speck to pick out of the pepper: you can as an non-FFL ship a handgun on Fedex by using a service such as shipmygun.com. Legally, by using their service (which will also be significantly cheaper than paying "list"), they are the shipper. You print the shipping label and drop it off at the Fedex station.

3. Iamoverit

Iamoverit Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    SMG is nothing but an unneeded middle man. Why do truckers love middle men so much?

4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I haven't even read the whole article yet and I have already found two instances where a middle man is necessary to make the shipment legal.

And when it comes to legal shipments, ATF is a whole different animal than the DOT.

5. Iamoverit

Oct 31, 2023
    That's what FFLs are for. Guns dealers are almost always able to ship and receive firearms for a small fee. Even many pawnshops too.

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah it's not a big deal people do it every day. You have to pass a background check and pay a fee at the pawn shop. If shipping antique firearms no FFL necessary.

7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    So one is an unneeded middle man but paying a gun dealer a small fee is different?

8. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Well, the OP hasn't been back. We can only wonder how this tale turned out.

9. Iamoverit

Oct 31, 2023
    SMG just finds FFLs for you. They aren't the FFL holder/s. One could easily find one themselves. SMG is simply another unnecessary middleman. This should sound very familiar to anyone with their own authority.

We're routinely hit with a barrage of annoying emails, texts, letters and phone calls from parasites trying to be middlemen all the time. Just like SMG it's usually for really easy things we can and already do ourselves. They are not needed.

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I’ve never used them, but I thought you also got a shipping label from them at a discounted rate compared using UPS/FedEx on your own. That’s why I asked the difference in paying one versus the other. If you pay a fee but get discounted shipping then it’s possible that total could be cheaper than paying the fee and shipping on your own? The only comparison I’d have is BikeFlights. I used them to ship 2 bicycles to Hawaii and back. It seems similar. I paid them and got 2 bike boxes with shipping labels and the total for everything was just under $100 cheaper than getting a box from a shop and shipping them myself because of the rate that they got from FedEx versus me walking in off the street and doing it myself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.