2A and delivering to federal facilities?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Bret1984, Dec 6, 2023.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Fishing is a privilege permitted by the several states. Keeping and bearing a firearm is a right protected by the US Constitution.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KrumpledTed

KrumpledTed Medium Load Member

May 6, 2022
    Just stay home and let the government take care of you. Worry wort.

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I drove for 28 years, 3 million miles, and spent a fair bit of time in the worst cities in the country while doing it. My "worry" kept me from going to jail, getting fired, working for bad companies, or being broke. I don't depend on the Feds to do much of anything. I've never been taken care of by the govt or anyone but myself or my mom when I was a kid. Life comes with a rulebook, ignore it as much as you like. Make decisions like the consequences matter, they always matter.

mtoo, tarmadilo, DannyB and 2 others Thank this.
  5. KrumpledTed

May 6, 2022
    You’re the same guy in multiple posts telling others to disregard other people’s experiences, and you in turn expect others to respect yours? Get real buddy. You’ve had an easy and fortunate life, get off the soapbox.

If a place doesn’t ask about it, don’t tell. If they do ask, tell them what they want to hear. IF your BG is clear and IF they still pop you for a search and IF they even find a gun, it’ll be up to the MP/officer’s discretion to say anything or not. That’s a game I’ve played and will continue to play comfortably. And those folks aren’t mindless drones, they see a pistol with a couple mags of hollow points they know why it’s there. Different story if it’s an AR-15 with multiple mags of AP rounds.

My favorite part of “life’s rulebook” is if “no one sees it, it didn’t happen”.

6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Jails are full of people with their own rulebook.

7. DannyB

DannyB Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Jackson Mi
    Here's how I see this. If a facility is going to bar entrance to a facility for something, firearm, other weapon, pet, passenger, whatever, it needs to be on the rate con or other instruction set before the load is put on the truck. If the driver takes exception, he can refuse the load before it becomes an issue.
    If that simple act is not followed, and the driver is refused entry to unload, it's all on the receiver, they can durn well refuse the load and pay to ship the load back to the shipper or somewhere else. Those kind of restrictions are out of the norm and counter to basic human rights.
    There may be mind readers in the world, I don't know, but I know I'm not one. Hence the need to notate those restrictions BEFORE the truck is loaded.
    And yes, been there at the gate, talked to a supervisor and asked her to show me on my bills where the firearm ban was listed so the driver could know prior to delivery. It wasn't there, they let me unload.
    True, the fact that the plant was going to have to shut down before the next shift without the product in my tanker might have had something to do with it too.

JoeyJunk, tscottme and RockinChair Thank this.
  8. KrumpledTed

May 6, 2022
    Graveyards have those who could not defend themselves.

DannyB Thanks this.
  9. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I guess the OP probably figured something out, as it was a month ago, but it occurs to me that a safe and legal way to stash your gun would be to pawn it, as most military bases are surrounded by pawnshops. Pawn it for fifty bucks and they’ll hold it for you for up to a month and only charge you five bucks (of course you’ll have to pay them back the fifty, too).

tscottme Thanks this.
  10. DannyB

DannyB Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Jackson Mi
    Sorry, not happening. Where I go, the .45 goes, period.

11. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Well I guess the answer is to not go to places that don’t allow it.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.