2nd Chance Companies ... who are they?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by istrum, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Hope1977

Hope1977 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2019

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 32N110W

32N110W Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Kileen,TX
    Im finding that smaller companies don't use dac hireright but they do request for recent mvr. Which is what I'm having trouble with. Been out of trucking for a year now and trying to get on. Got cdl disqualification in Jan 2019 for 2 lane violations and holding cellphone. I have put in applications everywhere and no one will give me a chance to drive. Sometimes the megas are your only choice but even that don't hold your breath. If Swift turns you down then I think your driving career is done until the violations fall off. Which is what I'm facing now.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. pagan22

pagan22 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Alabama
    Wiley sanders will hire someone like that usually. Provided you live in their hiring area which is typically AL, GA and the panhandle of FL.

Need4Speed and 32N110W Thank this.
  6. WakeUpTheEchoes

WakeUpTheEchoes Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Irving, TX
    2nd chance trucking companies: all of them. I have spent 2 days reading articles online and company hiring requirements. ALL of them will hire people with background issues. It’s a matter of how far back it goes. Can’t get hired now? Get a forklift certification and do warehouse work. You’ll be able to stay in the loop on trucking companies and hiring trends. After 10 years post-conviction with stable work history and if you still can’t get a trucking job, then the problem is how you are looking and how you present yourself. Sell yourself and have hiring managers believe in you because you believe in yourself. Go make it happen.

GoldenLad Thanks this.
  7. WakeUpTheEchoes

Jan 17, 2020
    Irving, TX
    Not a trucker...yet, but I am a person of common sense. 2 lane violations and holding a cellphone? Thank God you are no longer in a truck. Find another career. Seriously, you are a danger in a truck and a liability. Keep to driving your personal vehicle before you kill someone.

8. 32N110W

32N110W Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Kileen,TX
    Too bad you don't know what your crying
    My driving record cleans itself, I should be good within a year. How's your felonies working out for you? Sucks to be you bud.

9. WakeUpTheEchoes

Jan 17, 2020
    Irving, TX
    Talk to me in a year. I have a pre-hire letter from CRST. It’s a start. Enjoy sitting on your ### for a year.

10. 32N110W

32N110W Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Kileen,TX
    Crst! Exactly what I mean. Im actually driving cement mixer right now locally so yes, there are companies out there that will look the other way you just have to go out and look. Some don't see lane violations as a major violation. My cell phone holding ticket was back in mid 2017 and that doesn't even show on my mvr anymore. Anyway, if and when you drive truck for whatever company just keep your driving record clean. Take it from me, it's a pain once you get disqualified to drive. Be safe rookie

11. WakeUpTheEchoes

Jan 17, 2020
    Irving, TX
  • Truckers Report Jobs