3 YEAR OLD DUI. JUST GOT MY CDL PERMIT IN PA. HELP?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by GfromtheBX, May 21, 2019.

1. GfromtheBX

GfromtheBX Bobtail Member

May 21, 2019
    I NEED A COMPANY/SCHOOL THAT WILL BOTH TRAIN AND HOUSE AND OF COURSE TOLERATE ME BEING JUST 3 YEARS REMOVED FROM A DUI (WITH NO OR VERY LITTLE UPFRONT COST). IM OPEN TO ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY AT THIS POINT. ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GfromtheBX

May 21, 2019
    Also I can't get a fasfa loan because of Selective Service. I've sent the appropriate form for not registering. It will be a couple weeks before I hear back

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i suggest to wait till you get that selective service stuff taken care of.

it's only 2 weeks

5. GfromtheBX

May 21, 2019
    Being that im 29 I hear sending that letter to them won't have a positive outcome as far as being eligible for a student loan so I'm just gathering other options in the meantime.

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    go to your local post office and register again....
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Penalties for Failing to Register
    Failing to register or comply with the Military Selective Service Act is a felony punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 or a prison term of up to five years, or a combination of both. Also, a person who knowingly counsels, aids, or abets another to fail to comply with the Act is subject to the same penalties.

If a man fails to register, or provides Selective Service with evidence that he is exempt from the registration requirement, after receiving Selective Service reminder and/or compliance mailings, his name is referred to the Department of Justice for possible investigation and prosecution for his failure to register as required by the Act. For clarification, if a man is exempt from registering with the Selective Service System, his name is not forwarded to the Department of Justice. The federal law stipulates that names are to be submitted to the Department of Justice annually.

The more immediate penalty is if a man fails to register before turning 26 years old, even if he is not tried or prosecuted, he may find that some doors are permanently closed.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    i have to wonder now too, if you go for the hazmat or TWIC card, if this can hold you back?

many employers nearly demand that you have hazmat.........

many employers may send you into canada...........

not sure too if any employer sponsored program for training will deny you as well........

7. GfromtheBX

May 21, 2019

You can't register after 26. I honestly never heard of Selective Service until a few weeks ago, but I've certainly done my research since then. It isn't possible to "willfully and knowingly Fail to register" for something I had no knowledge of lol. The only penalty they seem to enforce is withholding federal student loans and fed jobs.

8. GfromtheBX

May 21, 2019

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. GfromtheBX

May 21, 2019
    @Chinatown I've been browsing a few threads. I would appreciate your input if you find the time.

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try Millis Transfer. Doesn't have anything about DUI on the website.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    You've never heard of the draft or men being drafted to fight in war? Good luck arguing that.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.