30 day chip or chain wallet

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by otterinthewater, Sep 11, 2018.

1. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Late last week I finished my first 30 days on the road. I haven’t hit anything, all loads on time, and frankly I’m enjoying the #### out of it. So... do I qualify for a chain wallet with a starter chain (1-2 feet long), or am I still too much of a kook?

Couple of other things. I realized truckers are the most judgmental people I’ve met. I had a tough blind-side back (6-8 get outs and pull-ups) at a TS and this old Santa Claus looking ####er in bib-overalls says to me (I was kinda proud I did it)...”well you *eventually* got it in there”. Of course I should’ve just drove around and did it sight-side, but it was the middle of the afternoon and a good time to continue to practice. Anyway, he wasn’t impressed. Nor should he be, but he still judged the #### out of me. Totally cool I deserve it.

About an hour later I’m grabbing some hot dogs and Santa comes up to me a points at my rewards card and say “you got an extra shower on there?”. I smile and say “of course”. I look at the cashier and say “I’d like to buy Santa here two showers, since no way will one be enough looking at the size of him.” Cashier tries not to laugh. Santa looks at me kinda angry and before he can say anything I just laugh. Santa finally laughs and I walk away pleased I didn’t call him a fat ####. Yeah I’m 52 years old, but i still I read and have anger issues of a 12 year old. LOL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Asking that question you need to go back to bobtail status

Rollr4872 and jammer910Z Thank this.
  4. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    *noted* And thanks for making my point for me.

5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    NO. you do not yet qualify for the chain wallet ! However, in another 30 days you'll qualify for the pajama/flip flop attire, then 30 days later, you can wear sweat pants/flip flops !

6. LGarrison

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    You have to learn that on this site you have to roll with the punches with which you did very nicely

7. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Hey don’t worry about it! I’ve been driving almost 18 years and I still get out 3-4 times EVERYtime I do a blind side back! But, heck: I’m a girl.. that’s what everyone says to me when I do this; but I don’t give a flying “#%#%”... I do it feeling confident and safe when I get out and look however many times I need too!!! Protect that CDL of yours and ignore everyone and everything that tries to judge you or beat you down: what matters is doing this safely and smart! No matter what anybody else thinks! I respond to crap like that by a smile and walking away...

8. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Awww he can get a chain wallet! They help hold up the jeans... lol

Rideandrepair and otterinthewater Thank this.
  9. LGarrison

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    See what I mean

O.Henry Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is still a chain wallet wearing a hole somewhere on me. Been wearing one since 10. (They quit laughing at 16...) I think this one would be the third one so far in my life time. They hold up pretty good. I probably see another 15 years out of it.

11. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Gimmee a minute to calm down Otter. I would have twisted Santa's head off for daring to ask me for a free shower after being so rude. Blind backs are difficult at best. A successful back is one that doesn't hit anything...period.
    ....breathing...
    Ok... Better now.
    The 30 day chip is for quitters ...you get a gold star...and a get out of jail free card for the next time some creep smarts off and you lose it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.