30+lbs to lose in 60 days while driving team

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by steverino, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    If your going to be fasting and then eating very little. Your going to need to drink lots of water to compensate for the lack of liquids in your food. You can get dehydrated and have kidney/liver issues if you don't drink water daily. OMAD is good only if you can stay healthy doing it.

But I have to agree with gokiddogo, eating healthy with portion control and some walking/working daily will work wonders once you lose the weight. But trust me... it will come back with a vengeance if you don't maintain the lifestyle you created for yourself.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    gokiddogo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    Yep.. Stop all sugar. Just dropping soft drinks you'll drop 5 pounds quickly. I dropped 50 pounds in a year drinking a high protein shake in the morning w a cliff bar then had 1 real meal a day. I only drink spring water and kept my calories around 2K... Prepare to be hungry. Especially at night but for me when I woke up I wasn't as hungry then started it all over again.

You don't have to do keto or the next biggest fad diet. Stick to the basics. Discipline and low calorie diet. I lost all that weight 5 years ago and still don't eat sugar. It's been easy for me not to put it back on because I don't eat junk and portion control.
    Losing weight isn't that hard but there's no shortcuts and you can't cheat. If you do eat out do what gokiddogo said and order on the healthy side of the menu.

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I can rarely do omad. Body will go into conservation mode as if it is starving. Gotta trick it by eating a few small meals a day. Walking is good and free and do it anywhere and even the fattest people can do it.

5. miszel

miszel Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Keto which is atkins 20 grams pr less of carbs a day lots of fat i did it last fall. You be loosing about 3 to 4 lbs a week at the bighining. I lost 30 lbs in 2 months. First 2 weeks are hard you will feel like you getting flu but stick to it and after about 2 weeks energy will come back you will starr feeling great. Good luck

6. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    What does 20 grams of carbs look like? 1 average potato? 2 slices bread? Or are we talking one ritz cracker?

7. miszel

miszel Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    No patatoes no bread nothing with flour glass of milk has 9 grams of carbs. Most of that 20 grams comes from cheese

8. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah there's no way I'm attempting that. I limit my carbs but no way am I going to basicly zero.

SavageMuffin Thanks this.
  9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I just eat when I'm hungry. Instead of eating crap I eat healthy food instead. I don't really care about carbs, I just shoot for a minimum 80g of protein per day. 230lbs to 148lbs. I'm gradually bulking up with muscle now and am up at about 157lbs now. I make it my goal to do an hour of intense physical activity 6 days a week. Usually weightlift 5 times a week and do cardio (running, biking, boxing etc) 2 or 3 times a week.

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  10. Ketchikan baby

Ketchikan baby Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2015
    I’m a crew hauler for BNSF. I spend all but 9 hours/day driving or sleeping in an SUV (Different DOT rules.) My strategy (not Keto) for losing a few pounds is calorie rEduction via: Coffee w/Almond milk, one Isagenix meal replacement shake which are very thick and creamy, holds me about 4 hours and later one serving package of Belvita oat cookies with a 24 oz. Almond milk iced Latte. Again, I’m just doing calorie reduction, not Keto. HERES THE MAIN TRICK: in between these two I’m continuously snacking in sunflower seeds in the shell and sips of water. The sunflower seeds take a LONG time to eat, they keep me from getting hungry and overall calorie consumption in sunflower seeds is approximately 300/day. Total calories in 24 hours = about 1100-1200. The sunflower seeds (which is a brand new strategy for me) seem to be the key as they manage my appetite while providing nutritional benefits. They help me stay alert while driving as well. I believe sunflower seeds are also Keto friendly.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  11. steverino

steverino Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2012
    I think I should remind everyone that I'm a team driver. Getting out and going to a gym or jogging for an hour is highly time consuming and problematic. When I exercise, it has to be strategic and have a lot more bang for the buck than just regular stuff like going for a bike ride. Besides, I don't have room for a bicycle anyways, especially not one my size.

Ketchikan baby Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.