32 yarder for residential pick up

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by jonknuckles71, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    [​IMG]
    Certain groups of people for decades controlled the private cartage business in NYC. Those certain groups always had flashy shiny trucks. They really don't have Waste Management or Republic Waste in NYC the largest private hauler is Action Disposal. Years ago the certain groups got together and sent a message to the top brass of a major national waste hauling company they sent a symbol left it on his front door step. When he opened up the door in the morning to get his morning paper he looked down and got the message crystal clear.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    One other advantage to working where i'm at, and quite possibly most other LTL's is that we have a big dumpster that gets exchanged every few days......

Not that it matters, because i DO have trash service. Considering how much i pay in taxes, the garbage truck should be a Peterbilt.....

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I agree.

The City of Los Angeles:
    Has about 800 of these Amreps and there all Peterbilt cab and chassis.
    [​IMG]

5. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I tell you what you have to hand it to the City of Los Angeles they have a nice clean sharp looking fleet of trucks:
    [​IMG]
    I like LA's garbage trucks, they are much nicer looking and way more clean then oh say New York City. Of course L.A. doesn't have any snow and the city's a lot newer and the weather is way better.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Ruthless Thanks this.
  6. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    If looking at all that shiny clean well operating and well maintained west coast equipment has gotten you down.

Don't worry here is something much more east coastish.
    [​IMG]
    City of Cleveland, Heil Dual packer automated side load and manual rear load collection truck. Right into the sink hole. The city of Cleveland has all there garbage trucks painted that drab flat grey color.

[​IMG]
    These are all broken down units. (2 years ago) the city of Cleveland had 20 refuse trucks out of service for mechanical issues. The city claimed that most of the garbage still got picked up. That is most of the garbage still got picked up, but you know with 1/3 of the fleet missing some houses and streets got over looked maybe depends who you ask down at city hall.
    [​IMG]
    That's the inside lots of controls it's like a space ship.

[​IMG]
    I don't know what this white truck is, it's not a regular route collection truck, must be a supervisors unit or goes to city hall or the mayors house or something. Probably the garbage truck dedicated to serving the City of Cleveland politicians it's there personal garbage truck.

7. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    [​IMG]
    Okay so we have to talk about the Heil STARR system because it's pretty cool, but right now I have to clean my oven out soooo, I have to go do boring chores, but will talk later.

8. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    C21635E2-1AF1-4026-8AB3-B35EEBFD1C18.jpeg

“Schorling 2R”

You finish them chores yet Mike?

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  9. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I did finish those chores and then new ones popped up lol!

Ruthless Thanks this.
  10. SoCalRed

SoCalRed Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    119E73CC-C8FA-4C69-91E9-3E696751F105.jpeg Run into this Trish “truck” in Venice Italy

Mike2633, Ruthless and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The truck that we get is a Pete. It's sort of smushed built but it is still a pete.

What with the rates they got to contract for in this area. I heard a story a long time ago when I first moved here we had a kid out of highschool gets himself a garbage truck. It was a pretty good truck for it's time and actually landed a local contract to haul waste to landfill. that was what he did for years until other bigger players bid him out.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.