3406C Build

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by AArtemtrk, May 19, 2019.

1. AArtemtrk

AArtemtrk Light Load Member

May 18, 2019
    Hi everyone I'm looking to build my 3406C serial 3zj42952. Ive read a lot of good advice on forums like this one and "thedieselgarage". however I'm still having difficulties deciding which route to take. I really want to build something that is reliable and not going to lose to much efficiency, if I can get 500 to 600 I would be pleased, but I would love to see 625 perhaps. From my reading I've seen a lot of different approaches, however there seems to be 2 that I'm having difficulty deciding between. 1st approach is to put 7fb pump, timing advance, and injectors onto mine, but I'm not sure if 7fb injectors will match my pistons? the other approach is to put aftermarket waste gated turbo, marine injectors (OR8785 perhaps?) and tune 3zj pump. Again though I'm not sure if these injectors will work with my pistons and compression ratio. My big question rather is which arrangement will keep my torque curve as similar to what it is now. I've driven several B models and they always seem to have power at different RPMs, my C model pulls really well from 1300 - 1700 however cuts off sharply after that (it would be nice to perhaps tune it to pull past 1700). Several B models I've driven will only produce power above 1600 . I don't want to lose my motors low end lugging power however I don't enjoy its quick cutout of 1700. Thank you in advance for any help.

Andrew

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.