359, time for new breathers?

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by mile marker 27, Feb 28, 2024.

1. mile marker 27

mile marker 27 Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2019
    IMG_5147.jpeg
    Where can I find a pair of those panels, that are in front of the battery box, for my 359 standard hood? I’d like to have those to fill the excess void there behind the original panel. Do they make one that extends under the door, to back of cab?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Those are ext panels Go on EBay type in 359 parts & accessories there some on there they are fiberglass and cost right at 200 a pair I’ll try to post the add

Oxbow, mile marker 27 and Banker Thank this.
  4. Last Call

Mar 15, 2021
  5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Last call pointed you in the right direction. I have a chrome shop on my route that is very good and can generally find about anything I need. He will take measurements of my rig and when he orders something I feel more confident it will fit than if I ordered it because he is so familiar with trucks and add on parts.

Oxbow, mile marker 27 and Last Call Thank this.
  6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I have been meaning to ask you. Is the 359 in your Avatar a truck that you drive or still own?

Oxbow and Last Call Thank this.
  7. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Like @Last Call said the little details are what make a truck all yours and different from the others. Those panels are a nice addition but I always go a little different in my mind with things like that. If I see something like those panels and I want to use them my first thought is how can I make them myself with my own personal touches. If I can I will. If not I will purchase them and depending on the vision or the mood They may get “modified” to my specs. The fabrication part can sometimes be the most rewarding feeling especially if you are constantly getting compliments on that part and asked were you got them. You can happily and proudly say “I made that and its a one of a kind.”
    @Banker has a gorgeous rig and I would never be mad or jealous of a man like him. I see trucks like his and THEY make me proud of it because I simply LOVE trucks. I cannot afford to have fancy shiny paint jobs because I decided a long time ago that it was either have 4or 5 solid running trucks with old patina and enjoy driving them whenever I want or have just 1 shiny show truck and 3 or 4 others rusting in the yard. Pretty easy decision for me. I believe the true enthusiast's feed off each other and spawn great ideas to help make something all your own.

8. Last Call

Mar 15, 2021
    That’s a 379 I seen at the Peterbilt house alittle over a year ago it’s just a nice clean original truck it just kinda caught my eye and I snapped a picture actually to show a friend what I found actually he might get mad cause I made this statement but I snapped it to send to my friend @wore out he and I seem to swap pictures a lot about our finds seems we have similar tastes when it comes to trucks My 359 is not Avatar worthy at this moment
    IMG_0692.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    Oxbow, Banker and SmallPackage Thank this.
  9. Last Call

Mar 15, 2021
    Truer words were never written any better … find something you like change it just a little to make it yours and don’t copy someone else’s personal touch that’s their’s not yours ! That’s stealing in my book

SmallPackage, Oxbow and Banker Thank this.
  10. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I like it and I am sure one day it will be better than the blue one in the picture. Especially since you will have the feeling of accomplishment doing the work. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures updating the progress.

Oxbow and Last Call Thank this.
  11. Last Call

Mar 15, 2021
    Thanks I’am getting close to shooting the color You know this started out as a simple strip the chrome and buff the paint then progressed to oh hell I’am gona repaint then to hell might as well make some motor changes to F it frame off resto back to original
    Then somewhere along the line it went to personal build .
    It will never be a show truck but it will be as close to what I want as I will ever own the one thing I can’t change is the fact that it’s a standard hood you talked about it in your post about a 36” bunk on a standard hood I totally agree I looked for the last 5 years for a good 359 small bunk with not much success I made a choice and stretched it to 290 hopefully to create a optical, illusion and pull off keeping the 63” bunk looking proportional also because I wanted to update to the new low air suspension so I can keep tall rubber and level up my trailer stance which lead to the standard issue with the crappy turning radius that a 359 is known for so it’s now updating the front axle
    Last but not least is the huddle I’ve been jumping on the actual paint color I’ve changed it 4 times now as of yesterday the discussion I had with a good friend was what it the difference between legendary, green, and emerald green ? It’s down to one of those 2 colors Final answer yet to be determined lol
    So there’s my update sorry to derail this thread I apologize @mile marker 27

Banker and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.