389 sleeper leaking water

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Lakeshore67, Jan 26, 2024.

1. Lakeshore67

Lakeshore67 Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2023
    Anybody else get water leaks in the sleeper? I was parked for two days of heavy rain and the back side of my bunk was soaked. I’m guessing it’s a bad gasket on one or more of the work lights on the back of the sleeper. Not sure where else it could be coming from.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    I would be getting to the first dealer ship of that truck cause that should be under warranty. If the leak gets any bigger, imagine coming up out of Hialeah,fl and it's raining so hard on the turnpike they have signs up that it's free, as a hurricane is coming in. Hopefully not in your case but everything_meaning yours_ gets drenched. The company prolly ain't gonna reimburse you for anything. To me that would be a #1 priority fix brother!

4. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Gaskets can go bad yes. Easy fix, another place it leaks from is if you have a roof ferring is the gaskets around the mounts can go bad and water can leak in from those. Condensation especially if you use a Cpap can also build up on the cheap aluminium/mylar insulation they use and drip down. That one is solved with either leaving a window cracked or a dehumidifier.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.