39 ingredients in Twinkie

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Light Traveler, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Iam happy I don't like them!

3. bjohn920

bjohn920 Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I liked them yesterday. But I don't think I like them anymore. LOL

4. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    i drizzle chocolate syrup all over mine.............

you know, if i were to worry about everything i ate, then i'd die hungry.

5. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

I've delivered sugar and flour plenty of times to Interstate Brands, and been inside the factory and seen Twinkies and other items going down the line. I eat them once in a while, but rarely seek them out specifically. I do like Rspberry Zingers though.

6. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    You know something? I don't think I've ever had a Twinkie! I live near Philadelphia, which is TastyKake territory, and if I'm gonna have a prepackaged bakery snack, it's gonna be butterscotch krimpets or peanut butter Kandy Kakes.

But truth be told, I don't eat very much of that stuff. I carry a lot of weight on my 5'6" frame, but fruit and pretzels are my waterloo... LOL

7. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

Twinkies are awesome! Ultimately, there is lots of stuff in our food that we would not put there if we had the choice. For example, in dried herbs, most manufacturers used to tell us (comsumers) that no matter how hard they tried, invariably a quantity of dead bugs ended up in the mix.Now whether that's true or just an old wives' tale, I don't know, but I would tend to believe them, even though I don't want to think of dried and ground ####roach in my spaghetti sauce.

8. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

When we run a truckload of flour through a magnet system as part of the delivery, at the end of the load we open it up for cleaning an the magnet is covered with iron filings. Nothing to do with the food or the way it was processed, it's just natural iron that was in the wheat kernals as they grew from the soil, and the magnet is heavy enough to pull the iron out as it passes through.

9. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    That's really interesting, Burky! I did not know that! :smt023

10. finfan

finfan Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2007
    middle ga
    :biggrin_2556:
    there is a certain(small) percentage of bug parts allowable(FDA) in all farmed bulk produce-most common in stored goods like grain.:biggrin_25516:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.