3rd Decimal on Fuel Quantity Missing on Fuel Reports?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by PE_T, Apr 18, 2019.

1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I use Fleet One fuel card, but ever since they merged with EFS & FTS fuel card companies, the 3rd decimal on the fuel quantity has been missing from my fuel reports. Are we being ripped off (again)? For example, this is what my fuel reports would show for fuel quantity:

The 3rd decimal is now always zero.:biggrin_25513:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    They round it to the nearest digit. If it’s .007 it goes to.010, .093 would be .090

Oxbow and PE_T Thank this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Let’s hope they are rounding it fairly. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are rounding it upwards to the highest 2nd decimal. So, 99.991 would go to 100.000. :rolleyes:

Cat sdp, Rideandrepair and 062 Thank this.
  5. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    It's a couple thousandths of a penny, unless you have a couple thousand trucks it's not worth your time to worry about it even. It's the equivalent of dropping a penny once a week maybe, you've spent more in worrying about it than it's worth.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  6. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

You’re missing the point. Obviously a few pennies won’t break anyone, but I am sick and tired of mega companies cheating us a little here and a little there. For them, a few pennies translate to millions every year.

adayrider Thanks this.
  7. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    .001 of a gallon doesn't ad up to squat even at the end of the year, hell the tempature of the fuel when it comes out of the pump could affect the amount of fuel your actually buying your wasting your time being worried about it. you probably use that much fuel waiting for your truck to warm up and build air in the morning. i would question the accuracy of the meters in the pump more than i would worry about rounding of the thousandths of a gallon

8. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    Might not be but a penny for us, but a nice chunk of change for them.

PE_T Thanks this.
  9. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    If you really want to stick it to them just make sure the final digit is a 4. Then you’ll be making out like a bandit.

beastr123, Oxbow, PE_T and 1 other person Thank this.
  10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Who doesn’t stop their fuel at even gallons anyways? And if you’re worried about a thousandth of a gallon then don’t ever go to Canada and fuel at a cardlock. Those bandits up there still have the dial pumps and only show tenths of gallons.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  11. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    In this case, if it's a benefit to the megas, it's a benefit to you as well. Like everyone else has mentioned it's not worth worrying about.

12. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Mega fuel companies, not fleets. I’m also an independent o/o. Again, I don’t care about a few cents. I care about being treated fairly. You too are missing the point.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.