4 Killed When Tesla Slams Head On Into A Truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Aug 17, 2022.

1. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    has nothing to do with the story

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    From the article linked below:

Tesla, like many automakers, already implemented motors and actuators for drive controls in order to implement its Autopilot assisted driving features, but it still has a mechanical link to its steering system.
    However, many markets still require mechanical linkages in steering systems in order for a vehicle to be road legal.

Tesla is looking to move to steer-by-wire with new motor and geartrain team in Austin

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Where’s Ralph Nader when you need him?

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    semantics, tomato, tow-mah-tow.....

just saying, about the nano second, no need to get all scientific about it and show off your Timex watch.

6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    still fighting the ford pinto, chevrolet corvair, and hover boards.

LoneRanger and mjd4277 Thank this.
  7. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Nah. More like a 1980’s Casio C-801.

Six9GS Thanks this.
  8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018

They debunked that. That commercial was done by a rival company and they tricked the Tesla.

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  9. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Delete.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  10. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    Didn't mean it as a critique. I was an electronics guy for 15 years and doing that kind of work, huge difference between a nanosecond (1 millionth of a second) and a millisecond (1 thousandth of a second). And, I don't wear a watch! Never have. Went on a fishing trip with my Dad many years ago for a weekend. He forgot his watch and we had nothing to tell us what time it was (pre cellphone days). Drove him crazy not knowing what time it was and gave me much to chuckle about. I told my Dad, why do we need to know what time it is? We wake up in the morning, go fishing until it gets too warm, come back to camp, eat and relax a bit. Go back out fishing till it starts to get dark and come back to camp. Eat again, go to sleep and repeat.
    Anyway, my Dad passed about 5 years or so ago and that fishing trip has many fond memories. Your comment about the watch reminded me of the trip! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Miss my Dad.

11. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    never wear or wore a watch..??

now that's funny right there, i don't care who you are....

case in point...decades ago, when i worked as a mechanic, i went looking for a new job.

the owner was not available, only a gal in the office, may have been his wife, or G/F i could care less at the time.....

i was looking at MY watch and the clock on the all, comparing times, as watches lose time, from time to time.

anyway's the gal said that "so & so, does not like clock watchers"...

i said, "is that a fact"?

i kept looking at my watch, and i never filled out the application after i jotted down my name, cuz she took the time to annoy me about watching my watch and the wall clock.

i folded over the application, and walked out, and told her, "i haven't any more time to wait for him to have the time to talk with me, i already lost time i cannot get back"

'bout maybe 1 year later, i actually met the guy, he came to a garage i had gotten a job at, after i left his office.

says to me, "you look familiar, but i can't place it"

i told him i had "heard" that he did not like clock watchers.....

he said, "yeah, how'd you hear about that"...

i said, "well i ain't got the time to tell you, it's my lunch break, come back in about 1 year, and i'll tell you"...

then he said..."dang it, you're that guy, my wife told me about".....

"yup, and the clock on the wall is telling me, you're outta time to talk to me".....

his garage went out of business......he was actually there, looking for a job interview, as a manager, which that was ME...!!!!!

Six9GS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.