4 wheelers calling police on you?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Sok, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Sok

Sok Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Because of bad directions I went through about 1/2 mile of a no through 6,000 pounds limit. Luckily, no cops spotted me, as I was not pulled over. I figured it would be really strange if they did see me and not doing anything, opting to send in a ticket through the mail.

But perhaps an angry 4 wheeler phoned in, letting it be known that there was an 18 wheeler on a no through 6000 pound street. Speaking of no through streets, wouldn't one have to visually see the truck go from one end to another in order to issue a ticket? I've had plenty of deliveries where it was on a no through road. It's just that up until now I've never actually driven through one without making a delivery.

Has anyone ever received an overweight ticket through the mail? If so, how long did it take? Any one been outed by a 4 wheeler?

This may seem like paranoia, but overweight tickets could financially screw everything up for a looong time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. finebabymakr

finebabymakr Light Load Member

Ok, are you saying that you actually received a ticket in the mail for being overweight on a weight restricted street or is all of this purely hypothetical?:biggrin_2554:

4. Sok

Sok Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Purely hypothetical.

5. badcompany

badcompany Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2008
    cullman,alabama
    i took at as him being paranoid

6. finebabymakr

finebabymakr Light Load Member

Uhhhh, to the best of my knowledge to write a ticket certain information will be needed such as license plate, company name, dl #, VIN, etc. Sort of hard for an officer to get the required information from his armchair at the house.

7. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Plus, wouldn't they have to weigh you to see just how overweight you are? Are all overweight tickets charged on a scale where the more overweight you are, the higher the fine?

8. rocknroll nik

rocknroll nik High Risk Load Member

Oct 18, 2008
    can't read the sign
    I actually had a cop watch me drive thru a restricted neighborhood and not do anything to me. It happened in De Kalb,Il. when they were redoing a section of the road I needed to use to get across the Toll road to where I was delivering. The signs that they had up were extremely vauge and the detour took you thru a no truck zone. I huess they musta had a buch of drivers doing it so they took it easy on me.

9. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

Sok, Bet you a donut you were in the lovely state of Va? They like to wait until you have no choice but to go thru, then post a tiny little sign saying no trucks. The only place I've ever gotten a ticket.

I don't think I'd lose any sleep about it. If any cops were very concerned, you'd have known by now, it would seem.:biggrin_25525:

10. psanderson

psanderson Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Moline, Illinois
    If you're in a T/T there's no need to weigh you. You are already over 6,000 when MT

From a retired federal DOT official

Roadmedic Thanks this.
  11. shredfit1

shredfit1 Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2008
    MN
    Sort of reminds me of this:

A buddy of mine in a 4-wheeler ran a red light on a busy street, at dusk. Two weeks later, he receives a ticket for $45 with a pic of the front and back of his offending car clearly showing his license plate(they must have a couple of remote cameras on top of the stoplight he ran)

He did what anyone would do...My buddy pomptly got out his digital camera, and took pictures of 2 $20's and a $5 then sent the pics with the ticket and included envelope back to the city.

Two weeks later, my buddy gets the ticket in the mail again, along with a picture of a pair of handcuffs. :biggrin_2551:

He then pays the $45... :biggrin_25525:

Lilbit, biggare1980 and crazyray Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.