4 years experienced driver, CRST recruiting, life happens

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by NomadicVeteran0713, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Team818

Team818 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2019
    I agree. Plus, he might have 4 years but spread out. Now basically needs a start company again. I think he was dirty myself and needed more time on cranberry juice to flush himself of the pot. Freaked out, as people that use pot do. Bailed. As taking dirty UA is stupid to begin with. If you have doubts never take a pre employment. Geez.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    Reason for edit: spelling correction.
    nredfor88, alds and bryan21384 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Ain't no telling. You could be right. He could've had 2nd thoughts about coming back on the road. 4 years in, I would think he knows the protocol.

Team818 and homeskillet Thank this.
  4. Team818

May 5, 2019
    Went to a UA with another driver at orientation for a company. There were only the 2 of us in orientation. So the uber shows up, we have our CDL's and we load up and go. He is talking to the uber driver about all kinds of stuff, about uber driving, pay, all that, seemed relaxed. We get to the lab, check in, do the form, and we are waiting. They called him first, he asked me can you go, I am not ready to go just yet? Ok, I go in do the test, come back out and they call his name. He is outside on the his cell phone. They ask me to tell him. So I did. He came back inside, but said he could not go can they wait awhile longer? Ok, this was like 30 more minutes. He finally went. We got back and the last day they asked me if I could take a smoke break that they need to talk to the other driver. I don't smoke so they said well and the lady made a gesture with her eyes. So, I said sure. I don't know what happened to the guy but I never saw him again. He road tested and everything. You could tell. The lab personel knew, they could tell. He should have never went to orientation.

That was for a really rotten company too. Lost his CDL. Or it was suspended, not sure about that part.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    Reason for edit: adjustments made.
    homeskillet and alds Thank this.
  5. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I like the delay at the clinic.
    Gives me the opportunity to catch up on the news from the rich and famous..
    As long as the magazines are up to date:)
    btw I'm paid to pee.

6. Team818

May 5, 2019
    Exactly, and if you are not dirty, relax and enjoy the pleasant surroundings of the lab.

7. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    As our training manager says, it’s actually an intelligence test. If you’re not smart enough to be clean, particularly when you know that you’re going to be tested, you’re not smart enough to work as a truck driver.

I guess we can add: If you’re not smart enough to stick around for the test, or are actively dumb enough to leave and then burn every bridge behind you, you’re probably not smart enough to wash dishes at Denny’s.

8. Team818

May 5, 2019
    Yes, of course.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    And get paid!!;) image.jpg

10. Team818

May 5, 2019
    There it is. If you were the guy I went to orientation with you would be trying to return the Truck.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Mentioned I don't mind going to get a pee test to the HR gal. Said something like "I don't mind getting a couple hours overtime pay to sit for a test I have no worries of passing." Her reply was "We found another place to go to and it takes less than 30 minutes now"
    If that's the case, that will be slightly annoying to have to get tested and only get 1/2 hour out of it....

homeskillet, mjd4277, Dennixx and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.