50 yrs old and wanting to start driving, recommendations?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Khigdon0569, Jan 1, 2019.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Tell your kids to figure it out for themselves. Your responsibility ended when they turned 18. Millennials, sheesh!!!!!

x1Heavy and IluvCATS Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I believe you are right. Posted at 1:01 am, got a belly full, thinking, THAT'S IT, but the next morning, that alarm went off,,,:mad: still, maybe someone in a similar situation might help them.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  4. weirdpuckett

weirdpuckett Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2010
    I think you misread what Hes sayin here....lol

5. Khigdon0569

Khigdon0569 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2019
    St Louis, Mo
    No i was not partying an just thought i would just post a comment. Ive been wanting to start in this field for several yrs. but i was married and being the father my dad wasn’t. It’s now I’m in a place in my life that i want to finally make the move. As far as my kids go they’re 25 an 22 with kids of their own, as well as their own life’s.

201 Thanks this.
  6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    ok, now that we heard from you, let's go back to the beginning. Like I said, probably in a good spot, as those things usually are the kiss of death for a driver. Probably worse today with phones, calling you with a problem every 5 minutes. Years ago, the truck was our sanctuary, where we could get away from it, do the job, and deal with crabby when you got back. Listen to chinatown on where to go and what you want to do. Good luck.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    One thing I hated was hearing on the Truckstop counter via a driver and his telephone at the stool.

But hon, Aw hon, see here you, now you listen, what's wrong with you baby? don't give me that, hey wait a minute etc etc etc etc. In a voice progressively both louder and whiny.

I would smile to myself thinking I am free as a bird in those days and if I ever got married....

201 Thanks this.
  8. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Look into Millis Transfer. $500 upfront for schooling and then taken out in weekly payments from your paycheck the 1st yr. Top pay for students. Im a trainer with Millis let me know if you have any questions.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's another one you can check:
    Wilson Logistics - www.wilsonlogistics.com
    CDL school information:
    "Here's how it works. We pay to bring you to our terminal in either Missoula, MT or Springfield, MO. We cover your lodging and meals for the first week while you’re at our terminal. You will earn your CDL permit and receive thorough training at our terminal the first week. After the first week we send you over-the-road for 2-3 weeks with a professional CDL instructor for real-world experience. You then return to our terminal to take your CDL exam for your Class A CDL."

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

Mooze Thanks this.
  10. Khigdon0569

Khigdon0569 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2019
    St Louis, Mo
    I checked them out and not what I’m looking for, i dont fit there corporate look.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.