6 Best Rest Stops for Truckers Across the U.S.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by orangepicker, Mar 20, 2014.

1. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    It is like deja vu when you say that about White's. I swear I heard a similar story by several other drivers many years ago. White's was the first truck stop I spent the night at as a driver back in 1992, so it always has a special place in my memory for that reason. The gun collection Mr. White had was pretty cool. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    I remember that "Exit 45 Restaurant & Bakery" now. I used to stop in there whenever I was delivering a load to the Walmart on the other side of the freeway (before I was a driver for Walmart) there in Menomonie, WI.

As for the Boise Stage Stop, well, I have not been out that way since 2007, so if it has gone down hill, then like most good things, they never last! :) I had a lot of good memories laying over there pre-2007.

4. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    The R Place Restaurant in Morris, IL at the TA is def one of the best.

mp4694330 and TruckDuo Thank this.
  5. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    i recall the first time i stopped at the Giant in MN. It had to been 15 yeas ago. it was late 1030pm or so i was starving and dirty feeling like s@#t you know how you feel after running hard 2 or 3 days. first off i got a shower man this place was clean. shower was great. it's after 11pm now i walk in to the restaurant and the buffet is still up. i'm in a hurry to get to bed. i order the buffet. Mexican buffet either i was starved or this was the best buffet I've ate at any truck stop...i just couldn't wait till the next time i'd get to stop here again. and the next time i got thou their i come over the hill headed west bound and see a pilot sign. my heart was broken...man it was a sad day.

6. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    its now the oasis at 143, still great food

7. mr truckdriver

mr truckdriver Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2008
    ft myers fl
    I used to run up to McCains in Grand Falls NB every weekend and Dysarts was my favorite stop along that route. My first time in there was an eye opener never saw family style seating in a truck stop before but it was a great experience. You never knew who you would be sitting next to as they had a very loyal local clientele. This was back in the late 80's early 90's though.

8. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL

How's the deserts there ? I saw its also a bakery.

9. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Everything is good I have ate which is usually steak dinners or breakfast and actually has flavor, I have actually never ate a desert there but will next time probably.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  10. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Shoemaker's in Lincoln, NE is one of my favorites. They built a new one across from the old one. Still enjoy the food and they have individual TVs at the booths.

11. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Don't forget the Lee Hi in Lexington, VA.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.