60 Minutes: Driverless Trucks Report

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by Max Mulsanne, Mar 15, 2020.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Oh and add in getting dragged around an adverse switchback at 3 am by a skidder because you just don't have the traction to get around it.

Flint1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Here is a cookie for you since you looking for one images (1).jpeg

scottied67 and AModelCat Thank this.
  4. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
  5. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Thanks, I was hungry.

Sirscrapntruckalot and Flint1 Thank this.
  6. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

On topic - Best time to test them is while the roads are less populated. This whole coronavirus is a scam, designed to bring about automated trucks faster then we thought. ;)

@AModelCat
    [​IMG]

Hunger leads to cookies, cookies lead to the darkside.

Sirscrapntruckalot - The above is really how they got Darth Vader to join the darkside.

PE_T and AModelCat Thank this.
  7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

And in breaking news CBS lays off 10% of their workforce due to post corona restructuring!

"Everyone Is Shocked": CBS News Hit Hard by Layoffs

I dunno, maybe they can go be lumpers at Hunts Point?

Shadenfroid. It's a thing.
    (That I probably spelled wrong.)

8. dog tired

dog tired Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2020
    panhandle florida
    They have had auto pilots in aircraft for many decades but FAA, has always required qualified pilots to monitor them because they can and do sometimes fail. The pilots always have the option of turning the autopilot off and flying by hand. I expect these self driving trucks will be required to follow these same rules if allowed to share the road with passenger vehicles. I for one want to see that computer jump out and chain up when it encounters an icy road.

9. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    The density of air traffic in an average mile of airspace vs. the density of traffic on an average mile of road doesn’t even compare.

Also, rain and sleet aren’t nearly the threats to air traffic as they are to ground traffic that depends on friction for safety.

But by all means let’s let the self identified Masters of the Universe create multiple life and death experiments with other people on the road who never agreed to it.

If hazmat trucks have to identify with placards to denote risk, why shouldn’t self driving semis have to do the same thing?!?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  10. dog tired

dog tired Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2020
    panhandle florida
    The point is if they have to pay a driver anyway tightwad trucking companies aren,t gonna invest in expensive self driving equipment. They will only spend if they are going to see a return on their investment. The part about computer chaining up was meant as a joke. Airlines use autopilots most of the time but they often fail under extreme conditions and require constant monitoring. Of course highway vehicles operate in closer proximity to things that should not be ran into and would require even closer monitoring . If a trucking co, is gonna have to pay a driver anyway , Why would they squander money on expensive self driving junk? When the fed,s start allowing aircraft to fly without a pilot then the writing might be on the wall though I doubt it even then. NOT IN OUR LIFE TIMES.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.