7 on 7 off - Reefer or Dry Van? The Good, The Bad, The Roehl Way?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by SmokinBoles, Jun 26, 2013.

1. SmokinBoles

SmokinBoles Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Seville, OH
    Finished Phase I, II & III and loving it! Glad I went reefer. Getting more miles per week than I was told I should and can't complain. Glad I went with ROEHL except for the Rolling Over Every Hill Last part....17mph in 5th pedal to the floor in some areas under a heavy load.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Are you waiting too long to downshift? I did that a few times until I learned to downshift around 900, then I'm able to maintain more momentum going up.

4. SmokinBoles

SmokinBoles Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Seville, OH
    No. This is when I hit 69 mph going down hill pedal to the floor in 10th then start heading up next hill and speed drops. As speed drops I go to 9th at 48/45 (revs at 1500) etc and keep repeating going down. The red warning over rev taught me the max I can maintain going down through the gears. I climb at 1500-1600 just on the edge before the red light warning pops up. Rarely pops on now up or down hills. If I try to downshift any sooner the light would come on. Unless you and others just let it come on to save momentum for heading up steep hills. Any tips? Thanks.

5. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Make sure fuel filter is ok. If clear bulb is full, need a new one. Newer trucks don't have a clear bulb, so not sure how to look.

6. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    I don't have a red light. I don't like my rpm's that high. I know sometimes you can't avoid it climbing a steep grade, but I usually keep them 1400 or less if I can. I don't know, I just have this fear my engine will blow up or something..

7. Lux Prometheus

Lux Prometheus Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    San Venganza, Tx

Unfortunately, these links are broken. :-(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.