70 W near IN state line

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by DTP, Feb 13, 2017.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Next week it'll be somebody else. Different day, different carrier, same result. It's Swifts turn this week to be the topic of discussion regarding the high-profile, driver-caused, crash of the week.

bzinger, FerrissWheel and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    More like give it a day. Fedex wiggle wagon banged up a 4wheelers rear end on I-70 @ the 127 mm. Around Kickinsville if i remember right.

I almost did something similar as some jaggoff who was having truck problems decided to stay on the road taking a 25 mph exit/onramp curve in 3rd gear. Traffic slowed down quick behind him. Line of 4 wheelers behind him and there was no "out". I was already geared down ahead of time but the merge area was tight. Guy behind me lit up his train horns. I hopped on the cb n told the gimp truck to get that pos off the road. He couldnt get above 45.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  4. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Elog will make the roads safer for all of the motoring public!!!!!!!

Errrr well maybe eventually.

crb, Lepton1 and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Sorry, but when YOU are the sole reason behind the crash, that YOU d up and caused the #### thing, YOU are NOT a "victim"...even if you DID happen to die in your wreck. The people YOU hit? Sure. They are YOUR victims. As the instigator of the crash, though, YOU are the perpetrator, NOT a victim.

drvrtech77, DTP and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  6. Pedigreed Bulldog

May 7, 2011
    Yup. That driver cam footage (as well as the history of clips related to this driver's driving) would be the FIRST thing I'd have my lawyer after. That and any communications from dispatch, as well as the driver's cell phone records.

It wouldn't matter if I could ever go back or not...I wouldn't HAVE to, thanks to the tools Swift so eagerly provides for plaintiff's attorneys with their electronic micro-management tools.

drvrtech77, crb, FerrissWheel and 2 others Thank this.
  7. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    This will cost Swift millions, but I don't think jerry Moyes cares. Just a cost of doing business....

bzinger and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  8. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    He's off sipping mojitos on a beach. He stepped down and handed it over to Richard Stocking. But I think he still owns majority shares. In which case he only cares about the portfolio.

9. Pedigreed Bulldog

May 7, 2011
    I wouldn't even bother submitting a claim first, because I know the amount it would take to "make me whole" following something like that is well beyond any insurance coverage they may have above and beyond their "self insured" policy...so I'd just file a lawsuit with at least 7 or 8 zeros before the decimal point just as soon as I was physically able to talk to an attorney. I'd want to make sure they know #### well that anything they have in regards to this driver, his dispatch, HOS, driver cam, etc...is evidence. Otherwise, after 6 months, record retention requirements start to lapse and they can start tossing stuff that wouldn't help them in the event of a future lawsuit. If a suit hasn't yet been filed, they are under no obligation to retain anything they wouldn't otherwise be entitled to discard.

drvrtech77, FerrissWheel and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  10. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    2017-02-14_22.19.22.jpg

This ain't the one in particular, that's cleaning up this mess. However that's what it'll end up on. I can't believe I ran into this guy tonight. One of our recovery guys.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.