850 murders linked to truckers

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, May 23, 2024.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient

Former assistant director of the FBI Frank Figliuzzi’s book, Long Haul – Hunting The Highway Serial Killers, is “a shocking journey to the dark side of America’s highways, revealing the FBI Highway Serial Killings Initiative’s hunt for the long-haul truckers behind an astonishing 850 murders–and rising.”

The book digs into murders linked to truckers such as the “Truck Stop Killer,” and “The Interstate Strangler,” and even details more recent, less serial, murders by truckers, such as the murder of a former model by Tracy Ray Rollins Jr.

Figliuzzi uses his 25-year career as an FBI agent to investigate some of the more gruesome cases, and even writes about his journey riding along with a (law-abiding) truck driver for thousands of miles as a way to better understand the trucking lifestyle and culture.

“I rode over 2,000 miles with a long haul trucker,” Figliuzzi said, “Learning trucker habits and gaining an insider’s perspective into life on the road. It was truly illuminating and I definitely gained a lot of respect for the men and women who work hard to provide for their families. This profession is challenging and absolutely essential to our economy and these people who sacrifice time away from their families so they can provide for them deserve our respect.”

The book is “gripping exploration of a violent, disordered world hiding in plain sight, and the heroes racing to end the horror. It will forever unsettle how you travel on the road.”

“If you’re a trucker.. First, God bless you and what you do for the economy…” Figliuzzi says in a video promoting his book. “This book is for you.”

It has an expected release date of May 28th, 2024.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Wow. 2000 miles, huh? Well, I guess that will tell you everything you need to know.

4. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    850 murders divided by 3,500,000 drivers and how many are committed by the same driver? Seems like a per centage less than the average number of murders committed by society in general.

Bud A. and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  5. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Do murders committed during hometime count towards these homicide numbers?

I'm a lazy driver and use all my time to drive, load, unload, inspect equipment, eat, fuel, shower, and sleep.

Where do these guys find the time?

6. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Unloading at Kroger dc and other grocery warehouses ?

7. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Well, I suppose you do make a solid case.

Unloading at the Fred Meyer distribution center in Clackamas, Oregon once, I did make the trek on foot to the nearby Domino's pizza.

8. wifi_guru

wifi_guru Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2024
    Maybe they have the time when they have to sit 12 to 16 hours at shippers and receiver's lol

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.