9+ MPG Class 8 5 Axel Trucks with Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Dice1, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Scania man

Scania man Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Saskatchewan
    I don't know to be honest, no rigs at our company has them, I asked before why they don't have at least one for some extra grip on the ice when empty and they told me 'doubt it would help'

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Freightlinerbob

Freightlinerbob Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2012
    West Coast B.C.
    The most you can load on a single axle in western Canada is 9100 KG (20,000) if you have regular tires.
    Wide base singles are now allowed 7700 KG (17,000), up from a previous. 6000 KG.

Lifting axles are supposed to be load sending. Start loading and the axles must come down automatically.

In BC at least, DIY ratchet strap lifts are not allowed and they will be checked.

Do you know what BC stands for ?

BRING CASH.

Scania man Thanks this.
  4. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

I'm all too familiar with the weight limits out there since I have a spread axle. Also know they don't allow just strapping up an axle., and as far as I know that is not legal anywhere, but in most of the US inspectors don't bother to write it up. There are other rules about lift axles in each province, it gets quite complicated trying to find out exactly what is allowed, or not. Was told permits were required some places, but can't get any answers. When it comes to trucks, anywhere, it seems no level of government is helpful in getting information to us. But, they sure expect the driver, who has the least amount of time to try to find out what these law are, to be responsible for every nit-picking rule ever written.

5. JohnP3

JohnP3 Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Rock Creek B.C. Canada
    The reason that Alberta licence plates are red is to match their brake lights, they brake at every corner, posted or not, race down the straight aways and slam on their brakes.

6. deming807

deming807 Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Summit IL
    Lol, thats funny.

Scania man Thanks this.
  7. russtrucker

russtrucker Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Central PA
    My friends 2014 Prostar best mpg was 9.5 MPG at 65 mph. Tires were Michelin x-one (on truck and trailer), Smart Truck Undertray UT-6+, and inflation system on trailer.

On 2012 Cascadia, with same setting as 14 prostar, 8.9 MPG when driven 65 mph and 7.9 MPG when driven 69 mph.

8. Scania man

Scania man Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Saskatchewan
    Nothing wrong with that kinda mileage

9. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Happy with my dedicated roundtrip run drop and hook with 53`dry vans from NC to AL.

[​IMG]

king Q Thanks this.
  10. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    Lets hope they don't lock down this thread too.

11. Freightlinerbob

Freightlinerbob Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2012
    West Coast B.C.
    I got 8.9 from Ames IA to Fargo ND the other day then I met a Chinook that tried to push me back from whence I came. Fargo to Calgary was slightly less at 5.1. That was with 6,000# of insulation on a flatdeck, cubed out.

Wind is a bigger enemy than weight or mountains in my experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.