$ 90.00 day flat pay option for rookies, miles weekly wages after that? solo out.

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Oaktown, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    can always find parking?! i dunno about cali... i hate that place

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I'm in Cali for half of my work week. I never have a problem finding a place to park. You just have to know where the spots are. I try and stay out of the peelots all together.

4. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    I hate Cali too .. But 1/2 the money is made out of this State. As far as parking in Cali .. Everywhere! Just forget about Flying J in Lodi and if in the L.A. Area, park at May yard in Fontana, Flying J in Fraizer Park or the T/A and Petro in Wheeler Ridge.

5. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    I-5 in Willows, exit 601 where I stayed last night at the 76 Truck Stop, enough room for 100 trucks, woke up this morning.. Total 6 trucks. Tonight I'm at the 76 Fuel Stop in Grenada exit 766 .. Enough room for 75 trucks.. There are 10 of us here. Cali has plenty of Parking.

6. daveymac

daveymac Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2012
    one comment in regards to the $90 a day provision..i am in the last two weeks of my 3 month starting period...the first month was great, 11,000 miles and got right home when i was ready...then the second trip...i was up in the northern plains for three weeks (April if any of you were there).. and the weather was daunting to say the least... 3 separate days sitting when 80 closed... ended up with 8000 miles... and two days late for home time....then this trip... four 400 mile loads in a row....never leaving the hot southern states..no idle time...they charged me $60 for it... AND last week i looked at my pay stub on line and noticed they only paid me for 6 days...$540 instead of $630...i called and asked why... and was told... "Oh... we missed a day".... missed a day ? how do you miss a day...there are only 7 days a week and there are ALWAYS 7 days in a week....this was not close to Home Time...it was in the middle of my trip....if i did not check...i guess i just would be out of luck... and oh ya... they seem suddenly to be unable to tell me how much $ i have made per miles... i guess they don't want you to know till your 90 days is over....its funny because when you call and talk to anyone...they are all SO NICE..... its hard to be angry.... hope things improve next month when i finally go completely "per mile" pay...

7. Upright

Upright Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2012
    California's Best City
    I'm waiting on my employment verification to be checked out so I can put in notice for orientation in brooks. With my experience, if they send a driver with me, by all means if the guy wants to drive I will sit back and let him. Enjoy the chauffeuring a little bit and get paid for it.

8. Upright

Upright Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2012
    California's Best City
    Oaktown, I take it your from Oakland. You with May now?

9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Why haven't you just been keeping track of every dispatch since you started? They make you agree to every trip, loaded and empty miles, after your empty or repower call.

10. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    I've never responded to one of those dispatch earnings. If it was wrong id call causeon the loop you get paid 20 for live loads and un loads

11. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    my trainer told me those messages didnt matter, if i agreed or not that is, but I did respond to them i never read them

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.