A basic question for all truckers; what is the best truck or truck brand?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by morjon96, Aug 27, 2022.

1. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Right here is what you want, OP.

20220803_174950.jpg

dpf_hugger, Dave1837, JoeyJunk and 7 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. W923

W923 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2022
    Sadly they used to have a very good product….seems as those days are over.

JoeyJunk, austinmike, Coffey and 3 others Thank this.
  4. W923

W923 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2022
    I don’t have a lot of experience with new trucks but I personally think Pete and kw are producing the overall best. Of course the price isn’t maybe very appealing. Volvo cabs and bodies seem to have gone the way of the modern automobile and are snap together plastic junk I would guess Mack is the same.
    as has been mentioned already the driveline is whatever you want and for the most part is produced by vendors which is nice because you have options other than the dealers.
    What are you wanting to do with the truck and how new are you planning to buy?

5. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    White/Freightliner. Glad i could help.

Should we cut ties here, so publicly? In remembrance. "Jimmy"
    Screenshot_20220507-072135_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220507-072442_Gallery-1.jpg

6. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    We can't cut ties we took a blood oath.. lol

7. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    ... here we go again ... Just buy scania

8. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    You used to be able to pull a Freightliner in between a KW and a Pete without a bag over your head too.

9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

It depends on what you are trying to achieve. Freightliner is the most commonly used truck so parts are widely available, back in the time when truck parts were available before covid. Freightliners come with lots safety devices, tattle-tale devices, automatic braking/crashing devices, etc. I think those doodads will be mandatory soon. I loved the big Volvo trucks for driving they are so roomy inside and comfortable to drive. I would never buy a Volvo as mine seemed to hardly ever be without some sort of electrical issue on something. I've had a brand new Kenworth T-680 that was nice for driving out West. It had all the bells and whistles. Generally, as a company driver you drive what the company buys. For some drivers the make of the truck the company operates is a consideration when choosing where to work. All I want out of a truck is reliability and air-conditioning, and an APU to run the A/C when the engine is shut off.

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Volvo is probably the most durable truck I've driven. I like the comfort level too. Great on fuel, and is a deceptively powerful truck. I think it gets crapped on because of its name, but if I were building a company from the ground up, I'd start with Volvo, Mack, or Freightliner. In my opinion, Peterbilt and Kenworth woks a lot of points because of a look. Many models from both brands have an old school look that is appealing going down the road. Peterbilts look nice, but they wouldn't be my first choice. At the end of the day, while I do like Volvo the best, a well taken care of truck will do you justice, even if it's International. I'd drive whatever the company offers.

11. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    A Farmyard Ferrari. A guy I know had six of those. ‘89’s with 425 Cats and 9overs. Light tractors, easy to max out and got amazing fuel mileage at 80,000. He loved them. Kept them over 10 years.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.