A Brilliant, Lovely Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by silverspur, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Does it have sinks for feet washing?

3. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Visitors flock to our truck stops too, that's why I'm constantly having to wait in line for my fuel receipt behind Large Marge and her hoard of unruly kids while they try to decide if they would rather have 47 corn dogs or 8 pepperoni pizzas.

A third of the trucks look to be blocked in by other trucks, I guess some things don't change no matter where you're at.

Bud A., 86scotty, JC1971 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    I'm sure the owner (Ali Sadrudin...) specified a foot bath be included.....

Looks like Mark Cox is having a "full English" there......

Parking in the truck lot looks like a cluster ****.

Oh, BTW, you should pronounce that at "loverly".....

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  5. OlegMel

OlegMel Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2023
    They let you choose, either sink or toilet probably. Lol

buzzarddriver Thanks this.
  6. Spardo

Spardo Light Load Member

I remember the old place, the pub, from many years ago. I never went in but if I remember rightly it was set back from the road in a loop of the old road, what we call a lay-by in England and, in the days before sleeper cabs were common, towards the end of the day it would fill up with lorries, many of which were left by drivers hitching home on a 'dodgy'. Although many of us had bedding in the cab and managed to build up the seats with whatever was to hand, night out suitcases (for carrying into transport 'digs') etc.,and then bits of foam with a sleeping bag spread across over the engine hump and attempted to get a good night's sleep, many more if their homes were within easy hitching distance would wave a logbook at the first driver passing and always be given a lift. Fair enough but the same had to be done in the morning, that meant some very early starts.

It looks very swish now and if I ever go that way again, highly unlikely, I might just call in and satisfy a need. One thing is for certain though, I wont be having a full English, I haven't lived this long by shovelling all that stuff into my face before facing the day. :rolleyes::D

JC1971 and Bud A. Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.