A/C Clutch constantly running in kenworth. Is this normal or should it be kicking off

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by kimbo7, Apr 15, 2013.

1. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    What model and what configuration? Your best bet is to call the parts department of a Kenworth dealership, give them the last six digits of the VIN, and they can tell you what it calls for.
    As for the blower motor, check your fuses first, of course. Listen for the relay when you turn the fan control switch... if I don't hear it at that point, I'll test the switch for continuity, check for power at the hot pole, and use a Power Probe to check that the grounds are connected.. if all that checks out, then I'll move on to the relay (which would be my next step if I hear the relay, but it makes an unusual sound). If the relay checks out, you take out the HVAC blower, and check for power and ground at the connections to the HVAC blower. If those check out, then I try to power the blower motor itself from a different power source (test leads to a battery, Power Probe, whatever).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leksi

leksi Bobtail Member

May 24, 2015
    All fuses are ok when turn swich on first position clatch kik in but the blower not relay is ok I can't chek power on blower without open the box I don't know if high or low pressure sensors can turn power on/of on the blower when clutch kik on/of ?? I chekt transistor konection all three positions ok but they're ground not hot wires nex thing I'm gona take blower motor out to chek for power

4. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    High/low pressure switches are not connected to the blower motor.

Steeleandsonfarms Thanks this.
  5. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    What model of Kenworth do you have? I can't tell you how to access the blower motor without knowing this.

6. Rubberens

Rubberens Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I have same problem installed a new ac compressor clutch plus dryer plus blower but the clutch is always engaged even when i turn the knob to off in the cab ,95 kw t60o 3406e. How do i fix it

7. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    If your ac cab control is "off" and clutch still running, then either your control switch is messed up (suggest the main fan control switch and pigtail) or a previous owner hard wired the clutch to stay on (probably wired to a random switch somewhere)

It ought to cycle but mine doesnt because the kw freeze switch is garbage, it does turn off in non-ac modes though

(94 t600)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.