A/C Drier

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Smellfunny, May 21, 2024.

1. Smellfunny

Smellfunny Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    Installing this dryer on a 2014 International Prostar. 7422 air drier Where the pressure switch screws on the drier is there supposed to be an o-ring there? The old one did not have an o-ring and I tried two different (used) pressure switches on it (the one that was on it and a used one) and the first one leaked a lot and I thought the used one sealed good but he ran it a few days and it started leaking there. I have a new pressure switch on the way. If it does take a o-ring do you know the correct sizing? Where the pressure switch screws on is flared and the pressure switch is as well but it still leaked. I didn't want to overtighten it as it is plastic. Maybe I need to crank down on it more??

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
  4. sirrepairsalot

sirrepairsalot Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Canada
    With plastics, Go with your gut and hand feeling. If it Leaks and doesn't need an o-ring, then most likely the pressure switch. But looking at the fitting it does look like an o-ring style of connection. Hard to tell...

Smellfunny Thanks this.
  5. sirrepairsalot

Aug 9, 2018
    Canada
    Was the system holding charge before you put the new drier on?

Smellfunny Thanks this.
  6. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    I went in the junkyard and pulled on off of a truck and it had an o-ring. I am waiting on my brother to finish replacing the flywheel housing gasket and put the transmission back in so I can charge the system back up with the new valve on it. I installed an o-ring there and will see what happens I guess.

7. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    Well it locked up so not sure what led to it's death and I am pretty sure it had no gas or little.

8. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    OK Decided to dig deeper into this on International site (Repair link SUCKS) and finally found that yes it does take an o-ring. 4057676C1 is the International number.

062 Thanks this.
  9. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    When I called my local dealer this morning to order they told me they could get it but had never sold one. But they did have it in a set for over 60.00. I told them to just get me 10. I have plenty of the other size o-rings.

10. sirrepairsalot

Aug 9, 2018
    Canada
    If you are a mechanic those sets come in handy all the time.

Smellfunny Thanks this.
  11. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    Yeah, but I have a master set with tons of the o-rings I use daily. I figured it would be better to buy 10 of one I need than a bag with possibly only 1. I buy most of my A/C stuff from Truckac.com but this didn't cross on their site.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.