A / C

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Mr Bob, May 22, 2019.

1. Mr Bob

Mr Bob Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Got a 2011 Durastar 4400. A / C compressor has no power going to it. Chased the wire and it seems to go from the BCM across to the right side but there is no continuity across there. Does the wire A77A go to something else in the dash? Also have no power coming out of the BCM on that wire. System is charged and works if I put power to the compressor. Got a code for blend door malfunction too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    AC is computer controlled and will not work with the blend door code active. Fix the blend door problem and retest. Compressor circuit is A77A out of the body controller, then across the dash and out the firewall on the right hand side, then through that connector near the wiper motor where it turns into K77 to the compressor.

Mr Bob Thanks this.
  4. lwlevens

lwlevens Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Sorry wrong post

5. Mr Bob

Mr Bob Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2015
    So I may also have a wire break between the BCM and the right side near the fuse box?

6. Oneel998

Oneel998 Bobtail Member

May 21, 2019
    JUST APPLY A LOAD TO THE WIRE AND TEST IT OR OHM IT OUT IF YOURE THINKING YOU HAVE A BROKEN WIRE. OHMING WILL ONLY TELL YOU IF YOU HAVE OR DONT HAVE A COMPLETE CONNECTION. YOU CAN HAVE 1 SMALL STRAND BUT NOT ENOUGH TO CARRY THE AMP TO THE COMPRESSOR

7. Mr Bob

Mr Bob Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Im suspecting a relationship between my 2 problems

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I would just find A77A at the body controller, and run and new wire from there out the firewall through a vacant hole near the steering column out to the compressor.

9. Mr Bob

Mr Bob Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2015
    That turned out to be a visual obscurity issue. (Need better glasses) BWAAAHAHA
    One of the door motors has a broken drive socket. Will replace that and see what happens.
    If your ever in town, dinner is on me.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.