A car breaks red light and hits my right side of trailer

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by chrisX, Jan 8, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Forget that word Career. There is no such.

I suppose you could say at the end of your trucking work day you can give thanks you are still employed and nothing bad happened.

chrisX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chrisX

chrisX Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Ok.. Is he alright? My case is somebody break red light.

4. chrisX

chrisX Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2018
    We need to be lucky...

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    I don’t think you will have any problems; but that driver is sort of right. I was parked in an end parking spot at a truckstop that had a culvert(ditch) on the one side of the spot. I was 7 hours into my sleep break on a ELD.. there was a horrible storm and a flash flood made the asphalt on that end of my parking spot erode and give way which caused my truck to flip over into the ditch.. I was hurt pretty bad and taken to the hospital.. my truck was totaled out..the load was mostly saved.. no citations issued obviously. The company I was leased into fired me. Said I should have not parked in that spot and because there was an injury regardless of nonpreventable status; it still was a ding on CSa score.. what I’m saying is it’s all subjective and up to whatever the company you work for wants to make out of it..
    After I recovered a few months later, I had no problem finding another job. It was on my DAC, but I just showed them the paperwork and what had happened and nobody cared...

chrisX, Farmerbob1 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. chrisX

chrisX Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Omg...That was natural disaster. How could the company do such a thing?

7. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    i had a car run a red light drive under my trailer took most the front end off there car and it didn't affect me at all.

8. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    Had a no fault accident in commifornia years ago and almost cost me a job, when I left that company and applied to another I had to jump Thru all kinds of hoops because on psp it just showed up as a tow away accident and didn’t say fault or not on there.. for as much data as these yahoos like to keep up with on us they are awful vaugue on a lot of it where it counts..

chrisX Thanks this.
  9. chrisX

chrisX Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Do you have any solutions for that problem? Getting a police report or any of the evidences?

10. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    Had to call commiefornia and jump thru their hoops of getting police report but before it finally came in, I had the safety department at the employer I was with at time of accident send a email of the details of accident to the place I was trying to go to work at, luckily they finally said that would do since had a good record unless when police report came it showed something different, then I would be let go..

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.