A company called givens there in cheasapeake va

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by lyion, Feb 6, 2008.

1. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2009
    virginia beach, virginia
    Not going to find either at Givens, or any where else for that matter. I do like Givens but I don't think it's for anyone that is looking to make big money. They will never ask you to do anything that is wrong. The atmosphere is relaxed and everyone is very helpful. Equipment is old but very well maintained.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bonesy

Bonesy Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Tonawanda, NY
    On 5/4/08, I said I'm having a "good experience", which means I enjoy what I'm doing and enjoy doing it at Givens. I'm not broke nor do I feel broke. 2 yrs after posting that, I'm still having a good experience here.

4. L_BOOOGIE24

L_BOOOGIE24 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2010
    CHESAPEAKE VA
    that wizup bonesy.... I'm glad you are still having a good time. But i what i really want to know is how much do they start u off with pre mile & how many miles where u getting when you first start'd with them?? Cause i really leaning toward givens do to the fact they are so close to home & by u being all ready there ( meaning working for the company) you would be able to tell me what i got coming to me a little you know what i mean??

5. Bonesy

Bonesy Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Tonawanda, NY
    You won't get anything coming to you, L Boogie24, unless you interview & get hired. I'm not a recruiter or personnel mgr, just a satisfied driver! I'ved increased my income on average of 6% annually.

6. L_BOOOGIE24

L_BOOOGIE24 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2010
    CHESAPEAKE VA
    well mr.bonesy that's nice & all but you seem'd to not want to give me a ball park of what you start'd or givens start driver's at per mile. I dont understand why not. I tho you would give me some info but i guess not. Nor did u want to give me info on how many miles per week you was getting when you first start'd with givens.. I dont want to talk to a recruiter cause they will tell you a bunch of ##### about how good the company is &,how much they move ##### &, tell you bs stories about what i'll be making. So i tho talking to a driver (you) 101 u would tell me some good info so i can know the real deal & not listen to the bs they mite tell me. Now can you help me out????

7. Cropduster

Cropduster Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Virgina
    Bonsey, i guess I will meet you sometime if you are still there. i am a new Company driver there. They seem to be straight up and a good company to me.

8. BeenDeisel

BeenDeisel Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Serial exploiters. They'll try to get you to work for less so their fat squinty-eyed shady dealing son can pocket the remainder of your pay. Find out for yourself if you doubt it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.