A couple of general questions

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by MendoKid, Oct 14, 2013.

1. MendoKid

MendoKid Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Orangevale, CA
    Hello all... So I finally got a return call from Central recruiting. Took 10 days but hey.

I have spent a week or so going through this forum gathering information about the various companies offering training and settled on Central. I live in Sacramento at the moment so the recruiter said I can either train here or go to Fontana. I have read a bit about the Sac training, but not much.

I would appreciate any input y'all might have on this one. Also, how long does it take to hit the 200 hours of 'skill training'...

I posted this over on central truck stop II....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
  4. MendoKid

MendoKid Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Orangevale, CA
    How long did it take you? Where are you running out of?

5. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    mendokid! That was a funny question, if you drive 10 hours a day you will get it completed in 20 days, I'd say 30 just because of your training and everything else. Also why central? You want to go Reefer or what? Anyways welcome to the forum, there is a huge amount of knowledge to be had here, there is so much that an "Old" guy like me doesn't yet know, Go into your profile and put where you are located and change the wanna be to almost! No I would just say you are new!

6. MendoKid

MendoKid Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Orangevale, CA
    Now than you mention it...

yep

After quite a bit of research I decided on either CRST or Central. After getting on this board, I read quite a lot of 'bad reviews' about CRST. Also, Central uses TDA, and their facility is 20 minutes from my apartment. One last thing... I didn't really want to run team, and you HAVE to run team for 8 months at CRST. I have not looked too much into the reefer aspect, I assumed it isnt toooo different than dry. Correct me if I am wronng, PLEASE!

Thanks for your input.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.