A cup of confusion: Is coffee healthy or not?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Cybergal, Nov 25, 2006.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I don't get the jitters. I only get the shakes when I don't drink coffee!:toothy5: I can drink a pot of coffee and go to bed. The only time coffee bothers me is withdrawls from not drinking it. Bad headaches and my wife says I get grumpy!:cyclopsani: That's just her opinion!:smile:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    And for some reason I think her opinion is right!:smt036

4. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Just found out we have another coffee lover in the family. We have 2 retarded cats that have a safe haven. My daughter.:smt042 My wife was on the PC the other night and said the little cat jumped in her lap and had coffee breath. I thought my wife had hit her head on something. Then a couple days later I got up and left the room for a minute and this flea bag had her head in my mug drinking my coffee when I came back in the room. Now what really bothers me is how long has this critter been drinking my coffee without me knowing it? Where's my shovel?? I got 2 cats out back now, fixin to be 3!:angry4:

5. UinOrUout

UinOrUout Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2007
    I love coffee! I drink 1 pot o coffee a day. :) Read on a site, (can't remember which one) that the two best coffee's according to people's ratings were Dunkin' Donuts and 7-11, as they use 100% Arabica beans, I personally like Starbucks French Roast, the darker the better. Coffee also contains [SIZE=-1]Polyphenol antioxidants [/SIZE], something that inhibits cancer. The two things that contain the highest concentration of Polyphenols are Green Tea and Red Wine.

One the downside, coffee also has caffeine, known to "wake you up," however, it drains your body into exaustion, as it puts a heavy strain on your endocrine system, and as a result, adrenal exhaustion, leaving you tired. Caffeine also dries out your skin, and diuretic and a mild laxative.

This site might explain in more detail, check out this site, there is MUCH more than just coffee. http://www.newstarget.com/012352.html

You know what, I love coffee, no matter the downside effects of it, like anything, moderation, I think a pot of coffee a day exceeds moderation, BuT I dOn'T sEe AnYthIng wRonG wItH iT!

6. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Only one pot? I drink at least 3 a day. The only thing that I have noticed is my hair needs combed more often. Seems to grow quickly!:smt112

7. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I wondered why I was giving my husband that Marine cut more often!:laughing8:

8. condocassanova

condocassanova Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Flying J pours a nice cup of Joe if they's a pretty fresh pot!

9. theroadagain3

theroadagain3 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Joplin, MO
    That study really doesn't show anything bcuz u would hav to know all the variables involved. I.E. both patients age, and general health, and diet they would continue on, etc. etc. etc.

10. theroadagain3

theroadagain3 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Joplin, MO
    I agree coffee is disgusting, but if you're gonna do it, do it right. Pilot's coffee w/ the french vanilla cream.

11. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

ARRGGGHHHH, if you want a kid's drink go get a milkshake!:mrgreen: Folgers classic roast, strong, black. Nothing added to ruin the taste!:smt023

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.