A Few Observations and Conclusions

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Driven2drive, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driven2drive

Driven2drive Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ogden, Utah
    After deciding to rejoin the trucking industry after a long absence, I've looked at a lot of forums, probably a couple thousand posts and visited a couple of hundred company websites and have drawn a few personal conclusions.

Some companies are scum sucking bottom feeders while others are truly outstanding to work for. Most fall somewhere in between these two extreams.

No matter how bad the company, some owner/operators, lease/operators and company drivers succeed beyond their wildest dreams and some of those with the best companies fail miserably. Again, most fall somewhere in between.

It's mostly up to you and me. Find a company that is at least acceptably decent and honest and then be willing to work hard, put up the miles, haul freight across the country at a high rate of speed and you will at least earn a living wage.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. firstcav

firstcav Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2006
    ""
    I guess people have different ideas on what makes a job a good job. What works for one person, may not for another. By researching through this site and others you see a consistency of opinon about companies from many drivers. That can help in getting off on the right foot.

4. bjohn920

bjohn920 Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I have been a member of this fourm for almost a year now. I have been researching trucking for at least 3 years now. I have wanted to be one my whole life. But I still haven't done it. This is a great place to belong to. Lots of good information here. Lots of good people too. I come here everyday just to see whats going on in trucking. You will find out lots about any company.

5. 2xR

2xR Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Ol' North State
    Any person who waits for the perfect, no risk, slam dunk, can't go wrong, guaranteed successful, career opportunity will starve to death waiting.

Time is money. Get going. If you make a mistake, so what? Try again. You might get lucky and hit the mark the first time, or you'll learn a lot of the pitfalls you'll need to avoid in future endeavors.

If trucking is what you desire, get in the truck and drive. Sure, some research is helpful, but the best research you'll ever do is the practical, hands on, type. Then you'll observe the industry from within, and begin to form a network of contacts that will become essential in your quest for that perfect career.

Good luck (is being prepared to take advantage of an opportunity when it presents itself). :toothy10:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.