A good food grade carrier?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by TDriver4Life, Mar 7, 2012.

1. TDriver4Life

TDriver4Life Medium Load Member

I started this thread to see who you would recommend as a good and fair food grade carrier. I hear about Indian River and Oakley but usually negative comments. So I ask- who would you recommend:biggrin_25511:? I am looking for a carrier that goes to the Southeast such as NC, SC, GA, FL, AL from my area of Pittsburgh Pa.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Quiettime

Quiettime Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2011
    I drove for Indian River back in 2001. I really enjoyed my time there, should have stayed. At the time, you had to live either in southern FL or South/central CA, not sure if anything has changed.

4. hamboner

hamboner Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    West TN
    I hear lots of good things about Carry Transit. Know nothing about the lanes these guys run out of your area though.

5. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    HR Ewell, but you may be too far west as they're based in the Lancaster PA area, and I'm not sure if they run the lanes you'd like to run. Doesn't hurt to check though.

6. DADof3

DADof3 Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    I drove for Ewell for a while. Not too bad of a place. I ran anywhere from WI down to TX and East. You will have to drive your vehicle to East Earl though. They don't let you take equipment home. (although there are ways to work around that)

7. Wrench Turner

Wrench Turner Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Horsham PA

Look at LCL Bulk in Elizabethtown PA. (Outside of Harrisburg) They do alot of work for Hershey. Alot of Mid-West Runs, which are not that bad, but do have lanes going to the SouthEast. You can take the truck home. They have E-Logs and the fleet is 99% auto-shift. If you are from Pittsburg, you may be able to get home every 7 days. (Don't hold me to that)

Let me know how you make out. Their telephone number is 717-367-2931. Ask to speak to Waren. He is the driver manager.

TDriver4Life Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.