A gunman burst into a Wendy's restaurant Monday, killing one

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Cybergal, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    2 dead, 5 injured in Wendy's shooting

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A gunman burst into a Wendy's restaurant Monday, killing one person and injuring five others before killing himself, officials said.

Palm Beach County sheriff's spokeswoman Teri Barbera said three of the survivors were in critical condition. Two others had minor injuries, but it was unclear if they were shot.
    "I just saw a lady with a little boy in her arms come running out screaming, 'Somebody's shooting!'" said Sandra Jackson, who had been getting gas across the street. The woman said her husband was still inside, said Jackson, 43, of Palm Springs.

Several people were carried away from the restaurant on stretchers. Authorities did not identify the shooter or the victims.
    Ashley Milton, 28, said she had just opened the door to get lunch when she heard the "pop pop" of gunfire and saw people running.
    "I really didn't think that's what it was. I thought this can't be happening," she said. "You see your life flash before your eyes."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080303/ap_on_re_us/wendy_s_shooting;_ylt=AoKP6.3QfnmrWv3iK5514MCs0NUE

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 379 Peterbilt

379 Peterbilt Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Geezuz this stuff is troubling news. Too bad this psyco was sucessfull in offing himself. Better justice would see him sharing a cellblock with big Bubba for 40 to life.

I was just a few blocks away from that Wendys a couple of weeks ago. Before that, I was just blocks from that place in Tampa where the trucker was shot to death in his sleeper. Before that, I missed the I-4 pileup by coming thru just hours before it happened. Rough state......

4. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I believe in cases like this, extreme torture would be in order. If the butt-clown managed to be aprehended before he shot himself, then he should be thrown in a cell naked... where people could pay 50 cents to poke a needle in him ANYWHERE they wanted. Once he was all filled up, if he was still kickin', then pull all the needles out with a humongous electro-magnet, pour some salt and vinegar on him and throw him to the sharks for a tasty snack.:biggrin_25510:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.